Jeep Grand Cherokee Money Factor Negotiation

Sorry, also need your ZIP to confirm incentives.

1. Oh and good point about the registration. They had said it was the “sweet spot”

As others have mentioned, Jeep dealers can use Ally, US Bank and Chrysler Capital. CC is the one where the MF is basically 0%. They typically have less rebates though. USB and Ally both use higher MF’s but usually have larger rebates. I would ask your dealer who they’re using!

Will do. I think I jumped to conclusions that I was getting a bad deal (had a rough time with other dealers prior to this) but I have a feeling with the RV and potentially extra rebates, the MF will make more sense as being from another lender. I had asked which lender they were using but they must have missed that out on my reply. I’ll enquire tomorrow and see where we stand and feedback what I learn. No matter what I’m leaving with the car. This has been extremely helpful though

Thru CCAP, at Base MF, I come up with 518/mo plus tax for a 36/12k with that discount. I don’t see 4670 in incentives on this car in your region unless you have some conquest on another lease adding to what I see. I don’t even see how to get incentives to add up to that number on CCAP or IDL incentives.

Regardless of all of this. that is a nearly 8.6% discount, which is super high on that car. I think they are making back some of it on the other side with a MF markup, or this is genuinely just a different program.

That all being said. I can tell you that for me, a really strong deal on this car at that MSRP would be 526/mo plus tax with 1st, dmv, dealer/doc, and acquisition at signing. So it sounds to me like you’re getting a good deal if the incentives and all of that are right.

It makes no sense for a bank to set a higher RV for a 39mo vs 36mo term. If Edmunds quoted you 56% for 36/12k and your quote is 58% for 39/12k, then your dealer’s quote isn’t with the captive.

They aren’t marking up the money factor, they are doing the lease through a local Credit Union. Looks like both Bethpage and Directions CU have the same MF/RV in your region

Buy rate is 0.00155 with a 58% RV 39/12k

You might want to also consider doing 36/12k through them instead which is 0.00155 and 59%

3 Likes

Some states this doesn’t matter. I pay 36/yr, and my plate can be transferred to a new car, so it’s no big deal. The plate is married to the car in CA, so it makes a difference there. YMMV depending on reg laws in your home state

Dude thanks for looking into this for me. I really appreciate it. I didn’t intend for this to become a deal check but now that I have I feel much better about it. I wasn’t sure where the rebate number came from either as it seemed high but we did have some additional cars in the house and truecar discount.

And thanks Jeff for finding out that information and figuring that out. I’ll see what the deal is tonight before I sign and which lender this all came from

Talk about losing sight of the forest through the trees.

Who cares about a small MF “discrepancy” when the end result is an almost $600 JGC?

Who would pay that much for something so obsolete

1 Like

The high altitude is quite nice, but I wouldn’t want one either given what else you could have at that price, and with the new, supposedly very nice GC coming out.

I think the sweet spot for GC’s is the limited trim in the high 3’s low 4’s.

1 Like

Fair points. I considered the limited trim but I needed the harmon kardon audio and liked the design. To be fair while I agree with you regarding what you can get, a car that excites me is important and I’ve always loved the JGC High Altitude trim and at the size/shape. I tried every other car I could find (more expensive like Q7 etc and cheaper like telluride) and I didn’t like any of them for my purposes as much. That’s partly why I decided to lease so in 3 years I can get the electric SUV hopefully. It’s a shame the new JGC got delayed so I could have that but I don’t need the long wheel base version and honestly I still love the current Jeep.

You’re right though. I focused on MF when I’ve just given a speech about paying more for a car that is old but because I like it. But I still like getting the best deal possible which is partly the goal of this website.

Thanks again everyone and see you next time!

1 Like

Nobody NEEDS a harmon-kardon sound system. This is a WANT. Nothing wrong with that, but there’s definitely a difference.

2 Likes

Ronbo needs the upgraded audio though

Of course, he’s rolling with the homies and picking up ho’s.
The upgraded sound is nice, but this is a leased car after all, you lose it soon enough.

1 Like

The only thing that gets played back on the car stereo are podcasts. When I wanna rock, the Etymotics IEM’s go in, and you’d need to spend megabucks on the car stereo to compete with them.