Jeep Compass Latitude 4x2 - $137 per month, 36 mo, $600 DAS

$25,980 MSRP
$21,110 selling price ($4870 dealer discount)

.00017 MF (buy-rate)
.54 RV (36 months 12k miles)

Then another $3000 in incentives (labor day, regional, and conquest)

$137 per month including tax

EDIT: The drive-offs are $600 – includes first month’s payment, registration, taxes. No other cash down. $0 acquisition fee.

EDIT #2: Picked the car up!

Leasehackr score of 16 years!

4 Likes

What sort of cash down do you need ? What are the drive-offs ?

Does the dealer discount include the $3500 incentives ?

Dealer discount is separate from the incentives. $600 at drive off including first month’s payment, taxes, registration etc

Great deal. What state?

Good deal, nice job.

Do you know what bank this is through?

California 20202020220202020

Chrysler Capital 20202020202002

1 Like

Picked it up! Olive green metallic over light interior.

4 Likes

Wimbleton, Great deal!
Would you care to share the dealer and who you dealt with ? What were the details of the deal you negotiated?

1 Like

Thanks! The details of the deal are all in the first post now, let me know if there is anything specific you need. The real battle is getting that dealer discount — I don’t know if Berkeley Jeep will do another one. They seemed surprised that it was approved. Boardwalk Jeep (in Redwood City) was ready to do $4,000 off, so they were close. The deal then adds a $1,000 conquest incentive, and $2,000 in lease incentives from Chrysler Capital (I think $500 of that is for Labor Day).

To look up the current incentives for each Compass trim, use Autobytel — knowing the incentives applicable to each trim was very helpful in getting this deal done.

The Altitude (.55 RV) and Latitude 4X2 (.54 RV) are the sweet spots for organizing a deal. The other trims have a lower RV. The base Sport is actually more expensive than the Latitude to lease.

There could be an even better deal on the right Altitude unit with that higher RV. I loved this green over oyster color combination and that isn’t available on an Altitude.

@WBL , do you mind sharing the offer sheet so we can try with local dealers?

I don’t have an offer sheet — I negotiated this one by phone directly with the sales manager. You just need to try dealers for that dealer discount. The incentives/rebates will then apply and bring that payment way down. I found a stock number I wanted, called them up, asked for the sales manager, told him I was shopping for the greatest dealer discount, and it’s straight forward from there. Either the dealer on the other end of the line wants to make an aggressive sale or not. If they’ve hit their numbers for the month, you’re out of luck.

What was helpful to me is that South County Gilroy/Marin is offering $4600 off a Compass in their Labor Day ad. You can pull a copy of the ad off their Facebook page (I’ll add one to this post later). That’s a great starting point.

I’d love to see if anyone here can pull off a better deal on an Altitude with that .55 RV!

Very nice. Great job!

1 Like

It’s great deal for a decent car!

I tried it in Florida with 6 Dealer, Nothing came close to this deal, the best I got was 280$ + I have 500$ Sams Cert:(

Ensure that you’re laser-focused on only speaking in terms of obtaining the greatest dealer discount. If you lead with that low payment number, it’s not going to happen because the dealer is going to shut down and think you’re asking for something completely unrealistic.

This is why you use the calculator before approaching any lease negotiation. You know how the deal will look once you achieve the discount and apply the rebates.

3 Likes

This cannot be emphasized enough.

1 Like

I don’t see near the dealer discounts in Florida on compasses (or cherokees) as I do in other states…being so far off, i didn’t even try. (Although I wanted to since I have a $500 targeted bonus mailer.)

Nearly ALL deals in Florida are far off the rest of the country for some reason. Maybe we just buy too many cars and overpay all the time so no real incentive?