It's OVER. Lexus PGA certificates are over. But the lawsuits are just beginning

That’s it they finally killed it lol. The backend page is no longer available :slight_smile:

Was literally working at 11am on 08/15/17 and they killed it at noon.

https://pages.lexuscommunications.net/Lexus-Certificate?Omniture]&fname=[~firstname~]&lname=[~lastname~]&expDate=[~exp~]&certCode=[~code~]&cid=EMC_OngoingAcquisitions_RX_XXXXXX_Headline

The only advice I can give because I’m not willing to photoshop is: If you want a legit copy of a certificate to email them about. then let me know.

I still have the original certificate I got from the original promotion which I can PM over.

Hi @chrispbacon, will the previous generated PGA certificate still work? Thank you!

I don’t know how pissed they are. If they are so extremely pissed that they send out a notification to all dealers, then the equation changes. I highly doubt that they would be that angry over a successful promotion which boosted sales by thousands of units.

From may to july (last date of PGA was May 28), the sales of ES sedans went from 4228 to 4666 to 6641.

At this point it’s uncharted waters and I’ve already passed the rocks. I would try to chart out a new path forward in the next couple of days. Sooner rather than later.

So does this mean we finally won’t see anymore of your “PM me for fraudulent certs” posts?

4 Likes

@chrispbacon LFS is extremely pissed about this and it is safe to assume that this type of promotion will never be utilized by Lexus again due to the rampant fraud it generated.

2 Likes

:thinking: Very mature of you.

I’m a millennial. I don’t have to be mature.

good. I guess I just have to attend the auto shows from now on for certificates.

How common is it for them to give out certificates at auto shows?

I think @chrispbacon just found a loophole. Not so much fraud?

If you see someone left their front door open - is it OK to go in and take $1,000?

No. That would be a felony.

If someone left 1k on the streets during your morning jog, would you pick it up?

1 Like

Sure, but I would turn it in at a police station or try to find the owner.

Wrong analogy, buddy. Lexus left the door open by creating unsecured URL. Not the same as someone dropped money and there is no way to trace them to return.

1 Like

Serious question.

Why is Lexus accepting these certificates if they were fake? Shouldn’t they be able verify them?

This is really irrelevant once you understand that manipulating URL to enter you info is not the same as applying for that cert through the intended channel. But this is Lexus’s problem if they intended to issue X number of cert and now received XXX due to their shitty IT contractors. Still, doesn’t make it right for you to use it.

1 Like

So you are saying Crispy bacon single handedly boosted Lexus Sales by 100% or more in the last month? wow, he should consider becoming a sales person at a dealership lol :slight_smile:

What if there were a Volvo loophole that allowed you to simultaneously apply the Conquest and Loyalty to a lease lol?? Is that walking into an open door and grabbing 1k?

Don’t try to justify this just because you did it also LOL
Look - if dealer tells me I can combine, I’m all for it. They verify both and you sign the form that goes to Volvo. But I won’t go and falsify my conquest, for example.
I remember I got a $500 cert at Volvo Ocean Race booth once and applied it to XC90 :slight_smile:

Yet You test drove a Volvo for a $50Gc which you had no intention of buying lol…
Did you flat out tell the person you had no intention of buying???