Issues with returning lease-matured JEEP to Chrysler

Hello All

I am an expat, due to Visa issues i was asked to go abck to my home country by my company and i am not i USA any longer

Since moved abruptly and couldn’t trasnfer lease as per chrysler policy we parked our car with a friend and kept on paying all Insurance and Lease amt, so as of now car is with our family friend as we are no longer in USA

I had leased a Jeep compass from Chrysler Finance, the lease ended on Feb 1st 2020, from past 15days we are facing difficulties in getting this care returned back to any Chrysler dealer

1. The dealer who leased us vehicle not accepting vehicle citing parking issues, Initially he said owner need to personally present and later when we tried calling him and requesting him for accepting vehicle he said they do not have space because fo construction hence cannot accept any lease returns
  2. The dealer also said its only a courtesy that they offer, its not an obligation to accept returns
    3, we called from india almost 12-14 dealers around bay area and everyone had same answer, no space and cant take returns, no one is ready to give an appointment at future date
    4, we are also calling almost daily the Chrysler capital help desk for help, and its going nowhere, they say we need to returned it dealer only and they cannot arrange for pickup, They keep promising that they are escalating out case and its almost 10days and causing lot of mental torture.

Any help from forum is appreciated on how i can handle this and whats the worst case scenario
There is no issues with car, in we even paid for complete detailing/clean for car so that there is no issues with lease end inspection, all dues were pain in time

Thanks in Advance

Park it at the dealer, give the manager the keys and leave.

4 Likes

when i said the same to dealer, he threatened my friend saying they will call cops since its private property and get towed for wrongful parking, since i am outside and i am asking friend for favor could’t force him as we afraid of any repercussions :frowning: :rofl:

Give your friend a limited power of attorney or something similar to finalize this transaction so he can return in person.

Keep documenting the contacts or get the responses in writing for future.

Try to sell it to Vroom or something if no negative equity.

Good Luck!!

“Here are the keys and please tow my vehicle”

Go to any Jeep dealership, drop off the car, take off the plates and give them the keys. The car is owned by FCA. It’s theirs

1 Like