Is this possible: Live in DC want to lease car for grandson in New Mexico

I’ll let @HersheySweet answer this :grin:

The answer is it’s more complicated than it’s worth with that distance and I can’t comment on HFS’s policy on minors listed on leases.

Am I going to be tagged on all these posts moving forward :wink:

2 Likes

And for heaven’s sake do not lease the car yourself and give it to him. That’s a straw man deal and you can get in a bit of trouble.

1 Like

Get him a hoopty he’s going to bang it up anyway then once he’s got few years experience under his belt a new car is appropriate

1 Like

Albuquerque?

Sorry to be ignorant, but “hoopty”? Trying to follow Consumer Reports’ safety recommendations for young drivers and find something with collision avoidance, rear camera, etc.

Hoopty is a ten year old Toyota or equivalent that you don’t particularly care about getting few dents in as you acquire experience driving. All those safety systems look good on paper but I’ve found actually almost causing me to crash due to them being overly sensitive.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

This is no place for racially charge comments.

What’s the deal?

Nothing due at signing and a very nice monthly payment.

Idk how you keep bringing this up without being embarrassed. I’m genuinely impressed.

Please post that in full alongside registration zip code, and we can try and break it down to see if it’s actually a ‘good deal’!

1 Like

Keep in mind the insurance aspect. It is your car if you lease it for him. If he gets into an accident (depending on state laws) you may be on the hook from a liability standpoint. While a small lease payment may be attractive buying him a car in cash with the title going to him or his parents may be a much better route.

1 Like

The discussion was he would co-sign, and the son would be on the hook and all insurance would be based on it.

Of course that’s why it’s hard to do exactly this and someone goes the straw man route.

@moderators

Nothing replaces a good driver.

I find it funny that he works for amazon and drives a forte yet talks down to ME for working in the industry lmao

My salespeople likely make more in OnStar bonuses than he does in annual salary :clown_face:

1 Like

Most folks don’t know you or your history… I just can’t wait till you’re back in the high-line business :slight_smile:

To be honest I really enjoy Chevrolet. I’d probably only leave the brand for a Mercedes or Porsche store.

3 Likes

Chevy is the brand that makes the most money!

1 Like

And that would be the reason behind why I enjoy it :upside_down_face:

1 Like