Is this BMW 3 series lease a good deal?

The dealership gave me this quote

"2021 BMW 330ixDrive
MSRP: $48445
Your Exclusive Payment: $623.62 per month with $500 down, 1st payment and NYS DMV Plates and registration only, everything else such as acquisition fee, taxes are all incorporated into your monthly payment; so your due at signing would be at exactly $1583.62. This includes all dealer contributions and manufacturer incentives. No additional dealer fees, delivery fee, processing fee, dealer prep fees, or even a documentation fee will be added! This lease is through BMW Financial Services for 12000 miles per year at 36 months closed end lease. "

He also responded

All prices above include Destination Charge of $995.00. The payment includes $925.00 Lease Acquisition Fee and $2,177.50 Upfront Sales Tax. Cap Cost $46445. The amount due at signing includes $0.00 Security Deposit Fee, $0.00 Cel, $300.00 Dmv Fee, $75.00 Doc Fee, $65.00 Fuel Surcharge Fee, $10.00 Inspection Fee, $10.00 Tire Fee, $500 down payment and $624 first month’s payment. This is based on a 36 month term,. Tax is excluded unless otherwise indicated, estimated, and depends on residency. Security Deposit may be required. Accessories are additional.

Here is another quote from another dealer

Go to the Marketplace area of this site and work with a broker. I did a quick check and one broker has that car for $403/mo., which means what you got is a terrible deal.

2 Likes

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Definitely did not pay, it seems way too high for a BMW 3 series.

1 Like

I’d recommend a broker.

That’s not a good deal in current market.

1 Like

Don’t go to dealer and ask for a quote. Do your research and make an offer through email.

3 Likes

Where can I find one?

Marketplace, about 2 sections down

You don’t need a broker just shop around. You can get same deal as brokers if you just call around and be patient. Don’t base every deal off one deal a broker got

which dealership? try bayside

LoL

3 Likes

Is it good?

Ask for Jimmy. Tell Sam gave me ur info

If you don’t know what you’re doing, it doesn’t matter which dealership you go to.

1 Like

And he’s the one who gave me this quote

Just got a quote from this dealership. Any of these number throw you off?

Seems a bit high, I was able to get 7% off MSRP. Dealership only had a $1500 lease credit. Everyone seems to be getting 10% . Thank you

Sounds like you know the answer

1 Like

10% off typical MSRP is normal?

Have you looked at any of the brokers that work in your region?

I haven’t I will do that now thanks