Is this a good Stinger deal?

Lease to immediately buyout and purchase due to the high incentives.

2 Likes

Yup that is the only good reason, I should have added that caveat.

I donā€™t know of many 53k dollar cars that can be bought for between 36.5k to 38k depending on dealer discount in this class. Certainly not a comparably loaded M340 or S5.

Stinger is an amazing value. Nobody can deny that, for sub 40k, radar cruise, heated and vented seats is amazing.

1 Like

Sorry, 5.0 V8 is available in other markets If Iā€™m not mistaken and in the K900 and Iā€™m not thinking straight.

1 Like

Simple math, absolutely. But car lease calculations ainā€™t so straight forward.

$38,850+taxes+proc. fee = $43,000

1 Like

Sales tax is 6%. Zip - 20171

Thanks for your help.

Yes. I checked with Edmunds Forum

Which dealership was this at?

You should break this all out and include a link to the completed calculator. Will help folks on her give you better advice.

1 Like

I pmā€™d you

How does this deal sound (in SC; planning for buyout ASAP)?

Per Edmunds, GT RWD MF is 0.00176, RV is 53% (as below)

2020 GT2 RWD Red - 24 mo/12k lease
MF 0.00176 MSRP $51,940 (invoice $48,797)
Discount: $3,941
Lease rebate: $10,000
My trade: $7500 (though I donā€™t think Iā€™ll actually tradeā€¦)
ā‡’ Cap cost: $32,499

Advanced payment: $321.47
Upfront charges: $1228
ā‡’ Adjusted cap cost: $32,048.47

Dealer admin charge: $699

Residual $27,528.20 (53%)

Monthly payment: $321.47

Where can I negotiate? Discuss with them what ā€œupfront chargesā€ means?

Even with the fees, the adjusted cap cost is $39,548.47, which is a $12,391.53 discount off MSRP.

With your trade of 7500 your effective payment is over 600 a month for a Kia. Get quotes on your trade from carvana and vroom and keep it out of the deal (at least initially). Please read leasing 101. You need to know the MF and Iā€™m guessing 24 months is not the optimal residual (but maybe with that 10k lease credit).

Sorry, this is specifically for an immediate lease buyout (i.e. I want to own the car, and with 10,000 in lease cash, this seemed the best way compared to paying cash at the dealer). Maybe this isnā€™t the right forum for this, but itā€™s a common way to get 12+ thousand off MSRP when purchasing a stinger (for example, the cheapest used stinger GT2 within 500 miles of me is a 2019 with 14k miles for $38,000 OTD).

The main thing I donā€™t know is if anyone thinks there is room to bargain further (relative to similar deals), since out of 5 other nearby dealers, no one was willing to even match this deal.

The trade-in is a red herring that got stuck in the lease by the dealers; I have a private buyer coming tomorrow to buy my old car for $9,000.

Thank you for your reply!

So then can you repost numbers with the trade excluded?

Basically, since my question is if the adjusted cap cost is the best Iā€™ll get (as Iā€™m talking about the cheapest way to own this car, with paying one month of the lease then buy out), just keep the $7,500 out of the cap cost from the trade in: $39,548.47

Should I specifically get the dealer to resend the order without the trade-in? Seems like it wonā€™t change their fees and this doesnā€™t change the adjusted cap cost

(Lease would be somewhere in the $600/month range as LeaseOC pointed out, incidentally)

Does anyone know if this is a good deal for a Stinger GT2 in the southeast?

ā€œGreatā€ deals on stingers to lease-to-buy that Iā€™ve seen have been with dealer discounts taking it down to 45,5k before the 10k lease cash.

If you are going to immediately buy find a dealer that marks up the MF to the max and then push only on the sales price!

1 Like