Is this a good lease offer? (JGC L Limited)

Here is a ball park calculation for your deal. No idea how you are getting to $513 after tax, I’m closer to $455 a month after tax. (I could be wrong if course)

Check your rebates, I believe there is a $1,000 rebate

Check to see if they are adding huge dealer fees (add-ons like paint protection, etch, security, tint etc)

1 Like

A good deal would be just the $513/month for the 39/10 lease.

And they hand you the $9300 check for the equity of your car.

Keep the transactions separate or else you’ll confuse yourself.

Just to give you all an idea how it comes up to 513 after taxes, see pictures of all the fees associated with this deal. Also, I added the picture with all the numbers so you will see the whole deal.
691864665(2)
691864665(1)

Wtf is a vehicle pre fee?

1 Like

There are so many contorted angles to this offer. Forget these numbers, forget this dealer and start from scratch.

Begin by researching how you may maximize the value of your current vehicle.

1 Like

bad deal - you are paying 9 grand as a down payment (by using your lease as equity). Take the 9300 as a check, and have the new lease payment as a sep deal. @AutoNinjas is doing deals on Jeep now in FL 🔥 December Jeep Deals (CDJR) - Black Friday & Cyber Monday Flash Sale! 3 Grand Cherokee 4xe In Stock - #427 by AutoNinjas

I think that is a Make-Ready or PDI fee. Either way, this dealer is junk. I think they are only discounting the car $1,000 based on working the numbers backward. On top of junk fees

1 Like

Horribly horribly bad deal.

We have Brokers for (a small fee) with get you the best deal usually without Add Ons and less than MSRP.

As you are a new member, I can see you would balk at paying a fee, but their fee keeps you from sitting in a dealership for 4+ hours like a captive animal while the dealer waits for your mind to break and sign off on a bad deal.

Goto Marketplace (Top of the forums) and search for Florida, you will see @AutoCompanion @Clutch and @autopia all selling Jeeps at good prices. Contact one of them.

6 Likes

What about the same deal as I posted but instead of 513, it will be 450?

Why would you keep over paying?

Autopia had a GCL 3rd row for $495 With 3k Down, and you are hoping a $450 with 9k down is a good deal?

Your deal should be more like $350 than $450. That’s how bad of a deal you got.

If the $9k+ in equity is still included in the deal, then not much changes. DO NOT SIGN this deal.

:point_up_2::point_up_2: What they said.

Lots of members have provided feedback and suggestions. I do not understand why you still feel the need to work with this dealer on your new lease. Let me add to the chorus, take the $9300 in equity as a check.

I tried several dealers, and this is the best deal I found so far.
What gets me is the MF of .00165 which is high and the fact that there aren’t many incentives for JGC L right now

Stop talking to dealers if you have no clue what a good deal should look like.

:point_up_2::point_up_2: @Aceheel - Have you done this?

Then find another car/SUV.

Who is the lessor for this proposal?

How many other offers have you solicited and received for your trade?

The lessor is Chrysler Capital.

I got 3 offers (Carmax,Carvana, and Jeep) from my trade and they were all around the same number.

Any outside your home state, which is notoriously horrible?

Exactly what I was thinking.

what state are you located in

I calculated you deal if you were in NY using $4000 in Jeep Incentives, tax rolled into the payment as well as a high 895 acquisition fee and 999 dealer fee… Added the $9300 of equity into the payment. 59% residual and 0.00152 MF. Payment was $369 a month. Up front costs were first payment and DMV fees. There may be some other fees but Im not sure not by much. I used the msrp to start and brought down to $50000 like you wrote. Some may not give all $4000 in incentives. Im sure auto ninjas would. Plus Auto Ninjas would offer you a higher discount than the 3.85% youre getting. If I knew what state you lived in. I could calculate better because the correct incentives would come up for your region. If you added shipping the car to you. The payment would go to $399 a month. And your out of pocket is $399 plus dmv. The $399 includes taxes and all fees I can think of. There may be $400 extra fees at the most …if that. But $400 isnt going to make much of a difference. Get in touch with auto ninjas

Back up a second: what made you conclude a GCL was a good value and a good candidate for all this effort?

1 Like