Is this a good deal on a M8 please help Deal check

My lease return is 12/29 on my Infiniti and started looking at the M8 deals because people are getting such good deals on them.

My first offer was rejected but the dealer manager came back with this offer

$1639 per month and $9000 down for 12,000 miles per year but I tried the calculator to work to the exact numbers but I may be missing something

Should I shoot for 20% off? I thought I could get 22% off pretty easily considering it’s end of year and it has been probably sitting for a few months.

Trying to get it for under $1500 per month with VA tax

from the sheet:

$161395 window sticker
$135000 sale price
monthly $1639
down $9000
MF .00082 based on my research here
Residual 52%?
VA tax is over $5500 which he told me I have to pay upfront

Deal looks awful. Is the $9k cap cost reduction?

Does the sale price include any incentives? Have you checked Edmunds whether there are any incentives?

You should confirm this info on Edmunds.

I doubt we will see those type of deals again. Have you checked broker deals in the “Marketplace”. I believe the average pre-incentive discount posted these past few months has been around 15%.

1 Like

For reference: Signed: 2020 BMW M8 Competition — $1351/mo + tax, 3000 DAS, 0 MSD — 156695 MSRP

This deal was about 20% off MSRP BUT with a marked up Money Factor. The buyer also had BMW loyalty, which sweetened the deal.

Thank you! I thought it was too much but he said it was taxes and fees

Ask for a breakdown then. Sounds like the amount Due At Signing (DAS).

$9000 - $5500 (in taxes) - $1639 (first month’s payment) = $1861. BMW acquisition fee is normally $925 so deducting that leaves about $936 in fees (could be dealer doc fees and government fees).

Did he also tell you what your property tax will be on this car?

1 Like

This is the spider in the center console.

The dealer is out of state so I don’t think they know how bad VA is

The 5500 in taxes is killer…My lord do VA taxes suck

Setting aside the horrible taxes did you actually confirm the mf the dealer is using in this quote?

I think someone posted my recent M8 deal in this thread for $1351. I actually had an even cheaper deal that I passed on. The MSRP on that car was 159k. The dealership was a pleasure to work with as well but eventually, i went for a different combo. DM me and I can give you the contact info of the dealer.

I’m going to pass on it but if anyone is interested I can share the dealer contact I was working with. Cheers!

1 Like