Is this a good deal? 2019 Grand Cherokee High Altitude

On a serious note, there’s a lack of details on the trade, how many dealers were shopped etc. I hope this deal was shopped extensively, otherwise money was left on the table.

Hello,

You guys made me laugh and I need an SUV for work purposes and because is a bit higher.

I went to the dealership and the payments were lowered to $575. I waited an hour for finance for the General Manager to come out and tell me that he apologizes, but that he can’t honor that deal because it’s a $3,800 loser and that he apologizes for the inconvenience.

That was a great experience lol but I appreciate everyone’s feedback.

1 Like

how do they lose $3800 on this deal is beyond me. But you get lucky by not getting this car, I think the payment is way too high, better keep your lease for a while and see if there will be some conquest that pays your remaining months

Did you try carvana,vroom, etc to pay off current car? What kind of sedan is it?

Wow. Totally unethical!

That finance manager did you a favor. It was an average deal in the first place and he still couldn’t honor it?

What was the selling price? I feel as if he was trying to sell as close to MSRP as possible.

What I want to know is if the payment went up because the negative equity was technically rolled in and charged interest. It definitely is a better idea to just pay it off him or herself, or at least try SwapALease or something.

MSRP was $54,180

I’ll try Swapalease and see if I can get a buyer.

Right, you had that in your OP. What was the selling price?

Are you saying that the selling price WAS the MSRP? If so, why would the finance manager say it was a 3,8k loser at MSRP?

The selling price was $48,435

The desk Manager and Sales person were waiting on finance and then the GM came in and said they wouldn’t write that deal and wanted $15 more from me to make the deal so I walked out.

Take this opportunity to spend some time on here and save some money. Post then deal. Not deal then post.

2 Likes

Not sure if your area of NJ has the same numbers as mine but I was recently shopping for the same vehicle. According to Edmunds the MF = .00017 and RV = 51% with I believe $5k in incentives. I’m just learning on not getting screwed with a lease but a dealership nearby was willing to come down from $53k on a High Altitude to about $43k. Not sure which incentives were applied, since dealership wasn’t too forthcoming.

Maybe someone on here would be able to shed some light on how bad your numbers were assuming they were the same.

I can say that on a past lease, I regretted not paying off my remaining balance of about $3k. Instead, I rolled the remaining balance into my monthly payments on a new lease and still put about $3k down. Live and learn. Hopefully, by not getting screwed in the future.

Hello Everyone,

I decided that I will not trade my vehicle in because I have a family member that will assume the payments and keep the car for the remaining 11 months. With that being said that just opens up the possibility for me to lease the new X5. A friend of mine recommend me over to his friend at a BMW in NJ and this is what I’m being offered.

MSRP: 67,145
Selling Price: $59,093
RV: 58%
MF: .00165
Taxes: 2,067.02
Acquisition: $925
Doc Fee: $699.75
NJ tire: $6.00.00
DMV Registration: $304.50
Title: $223.50
Money Down $3,000
Monthly Payment $750.00

What do you guys think? Please let me know and thanks!

Not great. You should look at getting a broker.

I wonder how people survived in the olden days before SUV’s existed. You can’t tell me people used to put their kids in the backseat of regular cars. :scream:

2 Likes

Have you considered shopping in NY. That doc fee is absolutely killer and in Ny it’s capped at 75 bucks.

@NATO it’s not because of kids lol I moved out of state (FL) so I was okay with a sedan. I moved up north and need an AWD vehicle and I carry a lot of big boxes for my job, which don’t fit in my sedan and if they do it’s a hassle to fit them in and take them out. I guess I’m looking for simplicity

If I am able to have them take another $700 from the selling price to make up for that doc fee would it be worth it? Or should I wait for 4th of July? Obviously all of the incentives will change so we might be looking at a whole different deal.

Why does it matter if you wait for Fourth of July? Incentives and deals you’d see Fourth of July would apply month long. No need to decide that weekend.

I don’t think only a 700 dollar discount will salvage this deal. Get the dealer to break out their discount from the available incentives. I think asking for 12% dealer discount before incentives is reasonable and try to max out MSDs. They did not mark up the MF, so that’s good.

1 Like