Is there such a thing as good Honda dealer?

I am looking to buy an Accord commuter as I need to put a lot of miles. Trying to find a dealer in Florida that doesn’t have super high dealer fees/add ons/markups has been impossible.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the southeast region that would be willing to sell the car at a competive price? Shipping the car is fine with me.

@AutoCompanion has some solid Honda deals

And Florida dealers often suck.

2 Likes

Florida is notorious for high dealer fees. I don’t think you’re going to find a dealer in FL without high dealer fees.

2 Likes

Just price out your target deal assuming $1k in dealer fees and offer accordingly

I negotiated this deal at Hollywood Honda for my elderly mother. You can make your own judgment as to whether it is a good deal or not.

Word of warning, though, is that the finance guy was sleazy AF (not a surprise to anyone, I’m sure), and tried to add in fees after the fact, after we refused all of the bullshit Gap insurance, rust proofing (or whatever). He stuck a $250 charge in the paperwork for some alleged maintenance program that we refused, then got pissed when I told him to take it out and redo the paperwork.

1 Like

Get a deal in Georgia and have it transported or fly up and drive it home.
The key to good deals is willingness to travel and/or ship.

1 Like

Yes, I am willing to do that. Know any good dealer in Georgia?

Agreed. Back in 2018 I flew up to Atlanta to lease a BMW and drove it back down to Tampa. Much more competitive in the Georgia market imo.

The flight was only $79 and the dealer picked me up from the airport in the car and I test drove it back to the dealer to sign the paperwork.

I had good luck with a dealer outside of Atlanta while living in FL. Dealer fees are way less and ATL is a more competitive market. Shipping was only $500 but it’s easy to fly up and drive back.

Also you are asking the wrong question when you say “know any good dealers”. Every deal is dependent on a specific car and that dealers inventory, sales goals and individual motivation. You can get a screaming deal from one dealer who will then give the next customer $5k over MSRP, marked up money factor, low ball the trade and add on junk fees.

You gotta do the work and reach out and see who is willing to play ball.

2 Likes

Very much this. Even within dealers, some people are good to deal with other suck.

As has been said here umpteen times, if you want a good deal you have to put in the time and effort. Kiss lots of frogs before you find the prince.

1 Like