Is There Any Point In Leasing Right Now?

I’m located in Michigan and am shopping for a midsized SUV. So far I’ve obtained lease quotes on a VW Tiguan, Jeep Grand Cherokee (EPP/Employee Chrysler Advantage Discount), Jeep Wranger, Ford Edge/Explorer, etc.

I’ve leased and purchased a lot of cars, in different situations, including European Delivery for BMWS, back in the good old days, with multiple security deposits etc.

Every single quote I’ve received is absurd. The MF is awful, no incentives and MSRP or a tiny discount.

I get it, manufacturers have pulled back all lease support, except for the odd case of a Wrangler 4xe with the tax break, etc…

I’m used to negotiating hard, but fair, and used to lease 3 series BMWs all day long for a song, waive acqs, buy rate MFs minus MSD discount etc.

Nowadays, zero negotiation, zero discussion, take it or leave it, from every single dealer I’ve contacted.

LaFontaine Imports; Golling CDJR; Bill Brown Ford, and on and on.

So…isn’t leasing dead right now? I mean, what’s the point? THe only “deals” I see are ultra low mileage, like 10k a year…

I see very few, if any, what I would call legitimate lease deals here…and most of the sales people are ignorant, don’t know or play dumb about MF, buy rates, waiving acq fees etc.

Who in their right mind would lease right now?

And why would automakers go back to the “old days” with full lots and huge discounts?

You’re gonna need a car, sooner or later, so if they can tolerate a bit less volume, they’re gonna hammer us on high prices/high profits forever.

Are there any reasonable lease deals to be had on a midsize SUV? (Frankly, I don’t think so, but I’d like someone to point out a midsize SUV lease for $450 or less a month 36/15k).

Or shall I just buy?

Thanks.

1 Like

32 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why arent leases cheaper now?

4 posts were split to a new topic: 2022 Genesis GV70 2.5