Is it possible to get out of a bad lease 6 months in and how would I go about this?

Or a used Ford C-Max?

1 Like

Haha that’s like the I-3 no? I’m 6 foot 5 I really can’t see myself in one of those

Yeah I’m looking into that also, like an x2 or x3 demo or in other makes the q3 and Jeep Grand Cherokee. I’ve had bad experiences with many of the cars I owned and this was really my first lease. I love BMW and didn’t realize that moving home to Florida I would gain more responsibilities than I had in Pennsylvania. I’m driving a lot more here and both my dogs are service dogs (not emotional support, so I can take them anywhere I go.)

No, it’s not like an i3 (not capitalized and no hyphen) at all. And it’s a hybrid, not fully electric (or, at least, there were hybrid versions available).

According to Ford’s spec sheet, it has 43 in of headroom, which is more than the X2, X3, or Jeep GC…

Unless you really want to drive a gigantic car, an unconventional option might be a good choice. You might be able to get one at a good price b/c I can’t imagine they’re popular cars or have high resale value (but haven’t checked myself).

1 Like

Guess I have to check it out, would be my first Ford ever, not a bad thing considering my car experiences haven’t been great. Time to test drive

Honda passport has good room in the back seat for two dogs.

I’ve actually seen this car before and liked it. A family friend has the elite trim and it’s surprisingly quick for a suv.

If you don’t mind the BMW like payments, the Passport might be for you. Otherwise it’s basically a chopped Pilot.

1 Like

Hmmm strange dilemma here, I had no issues squeezing three child seats in the back of my A4, 340, and now S60.

BMW allows you to transfer your lease to anyone that qualifies with credit check and passes approval process, it doesn’t have to be a relative. Websites like Swapalease and Leasetrader charge an advertisement fee, but you can list on here in the Private Lease Transfer section for free. Good luck with the process.

1 Like

thank you! And could be a mix of them being anxious in the car as well as the fact that there really tall and long dogs the weight doesn’t explain how big they actually are if that makes sense. I haven’t had a sedan since the 2014 Lexus GS350 and before that a Buick LaCrosse… I guess I’m just spoiled with my height and previous cars

x2 is actually smaller than an x1 based on the design. If you’re looking at an x2, you should look at an x1 for more room.

Is there anywhere I can check the back seats space? Interested to compare my current car to the Suvs.

I’d think going though all the trouble to transfer and get out of your current lease would be a waste just to get into a Q3 or X2 which dont sound large enough for your needas. Taking a few test drives or at least sitting inside them would be a good idea. Also at this point consider your 3k downpayment lost as you likely won’t find anyone to pay that back on top of a high payment for a 430i. Relative is your best bet or you will likely need to provide an incentive payment for an outside lease transfer buyer.

If I listed it on swaplease or one of those pages, and I transfer the lease elsewhere, I am still paying for their advertisement correct? I’m going to post it on here later tonight and just eat the down payment loss. Hopefully someone will like the car and save the day.

Sort of wish I could keep this car and just get an suv as well but I wouldn’t have anywhere to park the other car, paying additional parking in a south Florida apartment building can be more expensive than the car itself.

Yeah you read my mind with that one. Those 3k are gone and a life lesson was learned. Just trying to correct this problem in the fastest way possible, also assuming if I can transfer my lease before the end of the month I may be able to get the same type of monthly payments on an SUV and not have to pay anything DAS, which would basically just be trading my car for a bigger one.

Showroom would be a start

2 Likes

Have a baby and you’ll find yourself not particularly caring what you think your dogs think about your car :+1:

5 Likes

I’m not sure what swapalease charges for sellers but its nothing crazy. You have a higher likelihood of finding a buyer through there though. Just some constructive advice if you want to move the car, at 450 a month for 30 months I’d consider at least a $2000 incentive for an effective payment of $383 not including Bmws transfer fee or the buyers sales tax upon transfer. Otherwise you will likely sit on it.

Its not me or my dogs but if it were I’d strongly consider making my dogs deal with your current car for 2 more years and then trying to pull ahead early into a X3 or something. Even with the rear seats down in a gran coupe they dont have enough room with the hatch area?

Don’t see that happening for a while, and definitely not in the next 2-3 years. Also your kids won’t reach 60lbs and the size of a fully grown golden doodle until they are probably 7-8 years old … so I don’t think the comparison is fair.

Unless you’re looking to get out of it immediately, I wouldn’t put any incentive on it. SAL customers aren’t as nitpicky as those here. You may have someone bite without it. The longer it sits without a takeover, and the more desperate you get, then you can start adding incentive cash to make it more enticing.