Is it a seller market right now? Prices are crazy and not negoitable?

Even if I could, I’m sure every single Ford Explorer in the state of Florida is RWD. While I am fully aware of the benefits of a set of dedicated winter tires, I am also aware that if I reveal this plan to my wife she will make me sleep in the bed of my truck (thankfully I have a long bed Tacoma).

You think Florida dealers have the highest discounts?

2 Likes

TSM is legit printing money right now. There is a drought in Taiwan right now, and wafer production is very soon going to be affected (dangerous, as Taiwan produces a good fraction of the world’s silicon production). Was talking to some industry people, allegedly they are down to refining waste water from construction sites and recycling water. :chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Yes they are. Most of what tsmc makes isn’t in your car either.

One of the trades did a really good breakdown of what companies supply which components, there are iirc 8 names that most people have never heard of. I think it’s in the Shortages thread.

1 Like

Arguable. They make most of the world’s silicon, and the TW trade ministry officially requested/stated that TSMC will be focusing on prioritizing auto chips when possible. It may be single digits, but that’s still a significant amount.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-taiwan-autos-chips-exclusive-idUSKBN29U091

I don’t know if i’m willing to make that statement but there are certainly deals to be found. So if dealerships in your area want MSRP then why not expand your search?

I’m confident they’ll change the rules of the game once it starts going very badly.

I have to wonder if it’s really going to ease up at all. Dealers can basically charge whatever they want right now because of the inventory shortages. And there’s enough dummies that will pay whatever because they want what they want now. It’s super unfortunate for those that NEED a new vehicle right now as opposed to just wanting one.

Profit margins have to be through the roof. And maybe one of the dealers here can clarify. But demand will eventually die down once the inflation bubble pops. Wouldn’t it make sense to keep inventory lower and keep the prices inflated as opposed to bulking up inventory and letting it sit for weeks and months at a time on the lots? I guess it would just depend on volume sold vs typical price per unit sold? I hope that’s not the case as someone that’s trying to be patient and wait out this insanity, but I’m getting antsy and I really don’t want to wait until next spring lol

Several of the manufacturers have said they’re going to do just that. I’ll believe it when I see it though.

2 Likes

Yes, I found a Subaru Crosstrek I wanted and they would not budge off the internet price. Been through this with three dealers. Luckily I am still telecommuting to work and my office is only a mile away when I have to go back so looks like it will be the bike this summer.

1 Like

Is this a good time to buy a tesla then? It’s price is stable. I don’t want to pay the same amount on a honda suv then it’s price crashes in 3 years. Thoughts?

1 Like

Tesla changes their pricing all the time and there’s discussion about the fed ev rebate being expanded to more US manufacturers, which would likely drop the value of a current model tesla.

If memory serves, there are also shortages on teslas and very, very long wait times if you want to buy one new right now.

3 Likes

They have almost many Model 3/Ys stuck in WIP as Ford does F-150s.

The best time to lease a Tesla is never, buy it.

1 Like

I’ll sell you a moderately abused Performance 3. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I texted you Chris.

:chocolate_bar:

Or they would expand it to involve Tesla, in which case the price would go up further. Just playing devils advocate :wink:

And my wife thought I was crazy telling her last month we needed to move quickly getting rid of our Nissan and getting the Highlander.

Got it all done before prices went up and Nissan stopped selling to 3rd parties.

Thanks for making me look smart guys.

2 Likes

If you can’t deliver it because it’s stuck in WIP, does it matter how much it costs?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.