Is financing 2022 BMW M8 a good move?

If you want /need rear seats your done. Maybe try and knock off another few % off sales price and call it a day.

I take my toddler in a convertible sometimes in the front seat. (Legal if there’s only 2 seats). They don’t seem to care much about it for more than a few minutes. I wouldn’t place a high priority for it. But the 7 yr old may.

1 Like

I did have w222 sedan and cabrio just a bit boring and felt dated when new body came out. But yeah I agree good alternative for a smooth ride. We have family model x to haul everyone comfortably. This is for basically dumb short leisure rides.

Autonation has this weird policy. They were dropping more than all the brokers here for new x7 but not a dollar on used cars. Apparently they are motivated by allocations with new cars and this one is priced lowest in the entire nation already. Fedchoice also has a cutoff for new car rate; it has to be 2021+ and under 12k miles.

M8 is the kind of car that you should be able to absolutely rob someone on a used one

1 Like

I would love to see specific examples. When I looked around they are all still competitively priced especially competition and out of warranty they are scary to maintain.

worth it for a fun car then!

1 Like

Research about if there will be another 8 series in the future. Check if it will be V8 or not. These will have influence on the future resale. Sedan or coupé would be better. I’m not very optimistic on a convertible.

This is the latest it will be EV and only grand coupe

IMO it doesn’t matter. It will never hold its value remotely close to a 911 or even a 63 AMG car. That M8 vert will be a $70k car within 3-4 years, even if things stay a little crazy in the car market. I’d even look at the nicest, newest V8 Continental GTC before the M8 at that point.

You got a point. Basically I can either finance this m8 or look for used older higher mileage and out of warranty gtc or s63 but pay higher interest since my fedchoice expires this weekend and new month rate for used car will likely be around 3.49% so extra 1.5% interest. I guess better pay little extra interest than get hit with 20k depreciation every year.

who are you people friends with my guys drive 4Runners

4 Likes

BMW thinks these are worth 53%-57% after 3 years. 140k is going to be worth $75k approx in 3 years

2 Likes