Is dealer playing games with me?

My Toyota Highlander lease ends on Sunday. I know I have a grace period or could extend, not worried. Made a deal yesterday for a new Highlander, including buying out the equity in my old lease. The deal is nothing to brag about and would be embarrassed to post it here but honestly do not have time, energy or inclination to shop around or to drive the car 2 hours to my nearest Carmax so they can buy it out. However, it is still a much better deal than what they originally offered and they probably found someone who will pay more or the car was legitimately sold and the system did not register it. No idea, if there are any salespeople who can tell me what is really going on, I would appreciate it. They are definitely making money on my trade/Lease return but it may go into a different pocket so they may not care as much

They supposedly had the car I wanted at a sister store in the area (all three stores owned by this dealer are normally high volume, selling hundreds of cars a month, guy said yesterday they have 41 in stock total across all models). I am a repeat customer, same salesperson. He called today to say the car was sold. He will call me back Monday to tell me what car he has. Frankly this is annoying on so many levels. Not the least of which, Monday is a new month although it is only the 2nd.

Should I visit another dealer? See if they have it in stock? See if I can get a better deal since I am underwhelmed by the deal I got (but it is good for now, if this were 2019 no way would have taken it). I signed the term sheet and put a $500 deposit down. I am fine with Monday or even next Friday but do not want this nonsense to continue too long and my grace period ends August 11

A post was merged into an existing topic: End of Lease on a Highlander, Now What?