Is August a good month for lease deals?

I’m seriously considering leasing a new vehicle; I currently have a 2013 MINI Countryman S so definitely looking into a 2019 Countryman S all4 this time specially since incoming 2020 models are arriving I think in September. How much discount should I pursue off an MSRP of approx 38k and what kind of money factor is typical with credit score of 815? I really would like to keep my monthly payments around $300 including tax; will I be laughed out of dealership? :joy: any advise you can provide is most appreciated :grinning:

Mini’s don’t lease well, especially countrymans.

How do you mean that exactly? I’m not opposed to the Clubman either😬

Not familiar with mini

but generally when something doesnt lease well there aren’t good incentives, or the MF is high, or the RV is too low (or all 3)

typically on a car that sells well and doesnt need incentives to move

Probably a car that the manufacturer prefers to be financed over leased

2 Likes

The X2 version usually leases better

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback​:grimacing: how do I know what an acceptable money factor is? I wasn’t sure if that if there is a typical MF for each state or something. :expressionless:

Look for one of these outside dealership, those are the dealerships with the best money factors.

11 Likes

Look here:

1 Like

Sale signs are key too

vp3n3m Wacky%20waving%20inflatable%20arm%20wacky%20waving%20inflatable%20arm%20flailing%20tube_24d992_3072377

1 Like

Not right now…

Just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback:grinning:

I appreciate you all indulging queries from a newbie. The forums are extremely informative and managed to find a broker too in the process. Looking forward to seeing if he can help me out on a deal instead of trying to do it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Something I hope I can convey is that folks must have reasonable expectations.

Just because a new $50K 430i can be had in the low 400’s sign and drive doesn’t mean the same MSRP 330i or X3 will lease the same. Discount is almost always a constant but incentives are what make good deals into great deals.

4 Likes

Appreciate the feedback for sure and will seek guidance from the broker I will be speaking to tomorrow to determine reasonable monthly payments for the MINI Clubman all4 I’m considering. I just want to make sure I’m not getting robbed blind by the dealers:joy:

2 Likes

What did you find out?

If i can shill, if anyone is looking this countryman s is a great transfer deal! Its not an ALL4 though but otherwise… Lease Transfer - 2018 Mini Countryman S NC (~387+tax) + 2300 incentive (so approx 270/month after!)

1 Like

If you’re really patient, the Mini incentives will be almost close to BMW x1- x2 - but its a hassle.

18 months ago, i gave up on the countryman and leased an x1 instead.

One downside - to get the x1 220 hp engine in a countryman you have get the JWC model at a $45-$48 sticker. If you want all those options anyway , thats okay

So you are waiting for a Test-drive coupon and a decent factory incentive and maybe a Costco coupon

1 Like