Is $35K good price for almost brand new 2020 Palisade Limited with rebuilt title

Good afternoon,
Basically, want to see if an almost brand new (<1000 miles) 2020 Palisade Limited (MSRP $50k) with rebuilt title (flood engine damage) is a good deal? Obviously, no more warranty and resale issues in the futures. Was purchased at an auction and had engine rebuilt.
Thanks!

No, run now as fast and as far as your legs or stubby animated representations can take you. Engine flooding too, jeez.

10 Likes

not worth the risk, especially electrical issues, rust, hidden damage, etc.

4 Likes

Stay away from salvage titles unless you buy it, fix it yourself and run it until it dies, there’s no telling what corners they cut when they rebuilt the car, and you will never be able to get what you want in terms of resale value whether it be tomorrow or in 10 years.

5 Likes

I think this is one of those ‘deals’ that you should leave on the table. Unless you can answer that question for yourself. If you went to buy a brand new Palisade you can probably knock out a 20% discount on a good day, or if you find a comparable model with decent manufacturer rebates + good negotiation.

Your deal is 30% off, but all this risk, it’s not that good of a deal. Plus it’s very very likely that you don’t know much about the risk that you’re taking. All the best brother, God bless.

1 Like

Whut??

I have 0 interest in a family hauling land yacht, but I’ve seen enough Palisade deals to know that 20% isn’t doable, at least not in 2020

But OP should absolutely avoid one with a salvage title because it’s engine got confused whether it belonged to a land or water craft.

10 Likes

On a 2020 limited, a really, really good day is 8%-10%. There isn’t a day good enough to score a 20% discount.

Specific to the original post… run FAR FAR away.

4 Likes

Here’s to hoping you came here PRIOR to purchasing the aforementioned boat anchor. Otherwise what’s the point.

1 Like

so car is flooded and flood damaged the engine? You need to worry more about electronics than the mechanicals in flood cars. Either way, its not worth to touch at even at 50% let alone at 20%.

Say it out loud a few times and you will see how absurd it sounds " Hurr durr, I want to pay 35k for Korean junk which got rebuilt by a shade tree mechanic with no warranty and no resale potential"

1 Like

I have a lot of things to say about Korean vehicles, but I am just going to keep it to myself.

1 Like

They did it in 21 minutes!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAVZwvkbyd0

Looks like OP found one of those Hyundai “deals”

2 Likes

Does it still have that pond water car smell?

1 Like

All due respect, PASS on this deal as fast as you can and grab yourself a CPO something else maybe Japanese built but CLEAN.
My uncle purchased a current year honda crv from an insurance auction which was flooded during Storm Sandy. The amount of money he put in, part after part, was easily above what a brand new at sticker would have cost him. Salt water flood is very very risky as well as inside the car anything could just be melting down due to rust without you knowing.
At $35K, do not risk it for yourself or your family.

2 Likes

Now that’s funny!

The rule of thumb is that most insurance companies total a car out if the water line goes above the rocker panel in a flood situation. How high was the water that it caused engine damage? And this is a real dealer selling this? This sounds like a Copart auction special for someone who has a lot of time on their hands and gets it dirt cheap.

1 Like

I bought a year old salvage title car 15 years ago. Saved $5k over new car. While driving on the interstate my rear windshield flew out. Never bought another salvage/rebuilt vehicle. Just watch the NHTSA videos and see how much of the car jiggles and wiggles at impact. A hit car is never the same. No matter how good the body shop. As for flooded. Mold under carpet over time. No thanks. And you are out of warranty…

1 Like

Don’t stop at the hyundai. You can get a 7 series from Arthur if you don’t want a highly efficient ex-German embassy 7.

1 Like

Don’t get all the hoopla over this KIA, just funny that someone is willing to pay 35K on a salvage titled Kia. If this was a land-cruiser sure lol. but a cheap Kia with crap resale value is asinine…