Is 2019 Acura MDX SH-SWD BASE a good Deal?

I am in oregon (Portland) area and the dealer is suggesting for 2019 MDX SH-AWD BASE.

MSRP: $47295
Discount: $8468
Residual: $26485
Money Factor = 0.00225
Down payment=$2500
Monthly Payment = $409

Is the above a Really Good Deal, Okay Deal or Bad???

Thank YOU! :slight_smile:

Pretty sure there’s an $8500 direct to dealer rebate, so you’re essentially paying over sticker.

1 Like

what do you suggest I negotiate to?

Tell them you want another $5k off

They said they cannot change MF or RV.

down payment is around $3000 with first month + $1000 Tax/Reg/Fees = $4000

Should I say, $1000 down out the door price? is that good?

(I have never leased before and do plan to buy back at the end as well. Not sure if this is right, but I do drive low miles as well)

They managed to mark it up, didn’t they?

“Cannot” = “will not”

3 Likes

can you please help me as to how MF determines the monthly?

I tried using the calculator, but I didnt have all the details.

Money factor is another way to express the interest rate used to calculate the portion of your lease payment that goes to finance charges.

Base MF is set by the financial institution, and the dealer can then mark it up (within limits) for profit.

if they chose not to reduce the MF, can I ask them for a discount on the downpayment?

Right now its something to the tune of $4000 (w/ taxes). May be I can say $1000 + 409/month for BASE MDX SH-AWD?

If I can get that will that be a good deal?

I have no idea what constitutes a good deal on an Acura.

Respectfully, though, this is your money so you should be in charge. I would take a step back and do some more research, and then go back and present the deal you are willing to make based on careful research and feedback from the good folks here.

You already took the last step when you created the thread. :slight_smile:

That’s buy rate for the mdx lol…

5 Likes

It’s not even a matter of reducing the down payment, but OP seems to not under that because there are heavy incentives, he’s not getting a discount on the car and paying above sticker. Reducing the down payment isn’t enough. You want an actual discount on the car.

It’s ludicrous what they want for it. That’s the only reason they have that huge incentive - they’re sticking it to you one way or another!

Seconded, 225 is buy rate. You can get a discounted 215 if you currently own an Acura, or according to Edmunds, if you pay a security deposit. The two dealers I talked to said there’s no security deposit though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It was early… I saw this:

OP look for other recent MDX threads here, including one I posted, though my title probably says Atlas.

For the same down payment you’re paying, increasing your discount will give you cheaper payments. And there’s definitely leeway for negotiation in that discount.

1 Like

OP. You probably should look for a broker. There are many on here who I’m sure would be happy to help. The deal they’re offering you is a joke and because you haven’t been very well versed in leasing it’s likely you’re gonna get taken advantage of.

2 Likes

I agree OP needs to hire a broker.

@subhrain - Read this: How To Calculate Lease Payments By Hand — LEASEHACKR

Then contact at least the 4 dealers in your area.

I linked a comparison thread and for whatever reason, that post in the thread is what shows up in the link