Ioniq deals in May. Good timing?

It’s a sellers market right now for sure. I would not buy this month unless I was stuck, and had to. I don’t think June will be much better. I got lucky and picked up an EV in April, before things went nuts. However, I was also planning on a new SUV for the wife in June. That will have to wait. Hopefully inventory improves by late summer. If not, be prepared to pay the asking price, find a needle in a haystack, or wait till early 2022 for inventory to improve.

1 Like

Got it. The reason that I thought there are deals now for Ioniq is based on this UPDATE: Huge Savings On 2020 Hyundai Models: Best EV Deals In May

So, these aren’t actually good deals?

If those are base models then I think that they are probably not very good deals. For comparison, I have seen premier trim bolts for under 200 with no drive offs.

You will need to decide what a good deal is based on your research and what others have purchased the car for this month. Your link is to a blog page with very little detail on the exact model or spec. In general, prices are way up in the last 30 days compared to previous months. Check the marketplace listings on this forum. You should be able to find plenty of brokers, dealers, and data points on the car you are looking for. Don’t guess based on a half detailed blog page…

This is an advertised deal from Huydai website based on SE trim and 2020 model. So, yeah, not the latest and greatest.

I’ve tried look for Ioniq in martketplace, couldn’t find anything for May or even April.

The Marketplace can be a little confusing to navigate. Here is what I found with the search feature.

1 Like

Ignore manufacturer and dealer lease ads

Nobody can guess what next month will bring, especially with declining inventory :man_shrugging:t2:

Got it! Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve seen people are looking to get MF and RV data on Edmunds. I got my data:

LTD - .00045 and 48%; $13,000 lease cash

But how does that helps me to find the best deal? I also can’t use leasehackr’s calculator as it have separate field for taxes instead of one lease cash deal.

Information is scattered across forums and I’m confuse how to apply this data for the win. Thank you!

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

You can find out the real dealer discount with this information.

Paying all of the payments up front, or doing a one pay if HMF has that option, has no affect on taxation. You still owe taxes regardless depending on how your state taxes a lease.

Ok, this makes sense. I’m trying to run calculator. So, I can really plug lease cash number from Edmunds into it, right? It has taxed and untaxed incentives and separately rebate. I don’t know how these 13K was calculated. I found some incentives on autobytel, but they don’t add up to 13K.

Edmunds have it, tried to calculate there, but number don’t match that I see with the dealer’s quote.

In this case Selling Price dealer gave is 36K and Adjusted Cap Cost is 26K. There’s no down is incentives that they give is just 10K, while Edmunds data shows 13K, that creates a big gap in monthly payments.

They also have “Wear Care” expense (1K), not sure that it means.

Can you post the dealer offer?

Yes!

Dealer:

Edmunds for close zip code to the dealer:
LTD - .00045 and 48%; $13,000 lease cash

Incentives that I found:

Is the dealer giving you buy rate?

I’m confused as to what you’re talking about incentives wise with autobytel… it says $13k for 36 months right on your screen shot.

The bigger question is what is the extra $1500 in incentives the dealer is showing. Do you have loyalty or anything like that?

Yeah. My bad :wink: I was looking as rebate column. Is it applicable at all?

No, I don’t have any loyalty or anything. Reached out for the first time. I see 14.5K rebate, but I don’t know how it was deducted? Should I deduct that from Selling Price?

MF rate I’ve got from Edmunds.

If I go to Edmunds and put the data from, again Edmunds and from dealer’s Selling Price, payments are different.

Methinks dealer is including $1.5K CCFR rebate along with $13K HMF rebate.

edit: additionally, I think the dealer is off on the RV as the deal sheet reflects 47% of given MSRP rather than 48%, and I would reject the $995 adm ‘wear’ charge.