Internet Pricing Email Template Help

Good point.

May I ask what are the typical money makers? :slight_smile:

lol. those that pay MSRP.

3 Likes

At least 90% of the demanding emails I get are not serious customers. I then respond asking for my retainer (because they most likely listed about 18 cars they want quotes on) then they never respond

1 Like

This is how I would do it.

To whom it may concern,

I am currently in the market for a new 2019 Audi SQ5 (Stock # XXXXX) on your website. I have already test driven the car, and am currently just looking for the best deal. I have shopped a couple dealers already and wanted to see where you would be at for this vehicle

Regarding the lease:
36 months and 12,000 miles per year with minimum drive offs
Tier One Credit
I would like to put down 10 msds
Please include the cost of audi care
I am located in zip 95111 (9,25% tax)

Can you please send me a lease breakdown with your best numbers. I am very motivated to buy, would like to wrap this up before the end of the month.

Thank you

“I also am local so I plan on servicing the car at your dealership.” <— depends on the part of the country NY/NJ you don’t need it.

3 Likes

Agreed, thanks for your feedback.

Yeah all good points, Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Not working with several BMW dealers, I tried. They don’t accept the selling price with finance as a selling price for lease due to different set of incentives. If they accept, it’s because they are desperate to unload that car

its the same thing on the front end.
but a purchase you can have financing, warranties, products etc to help offset front loss.
on a lease most is flat buy rate on an aggressive deal which is a minimum flat paid to dealer.

Sales person doesn’t care about this part at all. They don’t work for Service and it won’t help you get a better deal. Normally when I read that I can almost guarantee they won’t be servicing with us.

3 Likes

And what dealers don’t understand is that anyone who understands leases is a mini influencer.

That person could be the only person in his/her friends and family circle of 100+ current and future lessees to understand leases and subsequently become the “help me find a lease” person in their circle.

2 Likes

Meh I think it has a positive effect when dealing with the GM. Maybe not in the initial email, but I mention it when trying to hammer home the deal. At least that line has always seemed to work for me. But then again, I’m a rare man of my word, and do actually service my vehicle at the selling dealer. I currently drive 45 mins each way to get an oil change when I have a Honda dealer 2 mins from me…

Chevysalesgirl, I’ve been under the impression that it’s always best to be upfront and transparent with your salesperson about your intentions, specifically when leasing versus purchasing because incentives vary based on what the customer is trying to do.

You, as a salesperson, wouldn’t be offput by a customer who tried to work a low purchase selling price and you doing your best to help them, only to have them at the end say “I think I want to lease, can I get the same selling price on that?”?

I feel as if it may be counter productive? I’m trying to be sincere—I’m also not a salesperson myself.

If the dealer isn’t putting out by the 3rd date, I’m out!

7 Likes

@chevysalesgirl . Wish I could love this comment 10000+ times.

1 Like

Yeah I’d be willing to bet most dealers will just quote a price with all purchase/finance rebates baked in.

I normally didn’t think so, but the sales manager does. I was even reaching out to dealerships in So Cal, and they internet salesman told me that his manager wouldn’t go any lower because “I wouldn’t be servicing the car with us”…

FWIW, here’s the template I created and use (I attach the offer breakdown as an excel spreadsheet I also created) I try to keep it as concise as possible:

Hi [Salesperson/manager name],

[As discussed,] I’ve attached a lease offer on behalf of a friend for a [make/model] on your lot [Stock #:12345]. It includes the incentives he qualifies for, as well as the residual value and money factor for tier 1 credit.

He will register in [zip code]. I have factored in the appropriate sales tax rate. He’d like to structure as 36 or 39 months (whichever is cheaper) and 12K miles per year, with just 1st month due at signing.

I based the selling price on a competing offer and KBB value. He’s prepared to take delivery soon, so please let me know if this is a viable deal. Feel free to call me back if that’s easier.

Thanks,

2 Likes

i get hundreds of texts and emails per month and 99% of them go like ----

hi trish, looking for such and such car with these packages and colors. i live here, have this lease, and need this many miles per year. whats the best deal i can get and is there any wiggle room on advertised deals?

Need help using an email like this for a 2018 s7. Any suggestions?

If we actually have a stock number for a car on your lot and are a current owner of the brand, does that get more attention? I did that w/ one MB dealership (they actually had 2 cars I was seriously interested in), and I couldn’t get them to give me the time of day.