Internet manager here. Ask me anything!

It’s just a title. I have the ability to desk my own deals whereas a salesman working on the floor will have to ask either myself or another sales manager to get a quote.

The market dynamics have changed a lot over there years and the old school way of selling cars are thankfully slowing going away.

2 Likes

For the most part either you hit your numbers and make a pay check or you end up making minimum wage.

There is really no in between. Probably seen close to 100 employees come and go over the last 5 years. It’s a very cold industry if you don’t have the patience and it’s a tough gig.

Practically all your weekends are gone, no holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas, you end up being the friend that always say “no” because you have work.

Even taking a 2 weeks vacation means you’ll come back making minimum wage for that month.

6 Likes

Well, I think I might finally have an answer to why my Chevy salesman seemed like he didn’t want to sell me a car and never replied back to my email. He wasn’t rude, but he started the conversation with “Do you speak Manderin?” No. “Do you speak Cantonese?” No. “What language do you speak?” English. I grew up in Virginia, and although I look Asian, I have no accent. The face that I made when we asked me those questions probably just gave it away that he probably shouldn’t have asked those questions. He probably didn’t want to sell me the car, and then me give him a bad review.

1 Like

Great question about the brokers…

Most clients are not getting the best price because they are shopping inefficiently. Be specific on the terms and more importantly pick out a car that they have on the lot and inquire on that particular vehicle. Stop asking for all the break downs on the number!!! TRUST ME MOST SALESMAN WILL STRAIGHT UP IGNORE YOUR INQUIRY. Just tell them what you want to put total out of pocket length of term, miles per year and ask them what is their best monthly.

You can call a dealership and ask to speak to a fleet directly or an internet manager.

Yes brokers do get paid a flat and it comes out of your deal! They tell us what they want and we structure the deal accordingly.

15 Likes

This is super helpful information, @IvanAudi - thank you!

1 Like

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again. These surveys are a complete joke. First off, to expect 100% complete satisfaction each and every time is an impossible objective. Something is going to go wrong at some point (nobody is perfect), someone might be laid back and not care about anything, whereas, someone might want their ass kissed the entire time, someone might have realistic expectations whereas someone else is just dreaming.

Then, during the transaction, you’re reminded 800 times to give a perfect score, or else they fail. That can be off-putting after about the 10th time.

What the manufacturers should do is utilize these surveys to find holes in their process, and then they can rectify them.

With that said, since I know how the game works with these, I always give the 100% scores.

1 Like

Yes and no. Most dealerships know they are going to hit their quota a week before the month ends.

Downside to shopping at the end of the month is that all the good color options and popular trim are gone…

At least with Audi, we all get the cars at the same price. If there was favoritism than that one dealership will run away from the market and completely dominate.

If dealerships hit their monthly objective, manufacturer will award them “X” amount for every car sold that month. Which is why dealerships place such an emphasis on units. Every store has different monthly numbers to hit depending on size.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

Isn’t the whole point of surveys is to get honest feedback so you can find areas to improve on? It sucks and it is the one thing about my job I despise the most.

2 Likes

Is this even a realistic scenario?

Say a buddy shops for a car and best he can find is $500/mo.
He’s willing to pay $400/month
An auto broker can secure the deal for $300/mo

So, is the auto broker only allowed to provide the customer the $300/mo and only collect his flat fee from dealer?

Or can the auto broker accept the customers willingness of $400/mo, secure the deal realistically for $300/mo, but have the dealer restructure it so it shows $400/mo?
And broker then collects, or splits profit between themselves and dealer which is an additional 100 per month and on a 36 mo term, a total of 3600 in addition to their flat fee from dealer.

1 Like

Worse than dealing noobs demanding unrealistic numbers?

1 Like

Lol. It’s part of my job and I’ve gotten use to it. If you don’t answer inquiries and give out numbers, how are you going to sell a car right?

At least people who ask for ridiculous numbers don’t get a survey so I’m okay with it…:joy:

3 Likes

Hmm, so have you experienced or heard of any salesperson being blackmailed after completing a sale? Say a buyer threatens that they will give a low score if you don’t give them some free accessories/service/tiny/etc?

haha I’ve had that happen. I just take the bad survey and move on. I get enough surveys to average that one out.

hasn’t happened to me yet but it has happened to salespeople i’ve worked with.

Surprisingly no. Maybe because where we are located and the types of clients we get.

Dealerships can opt out “x” amount of surveys each month for particular clients. So ones that we know were very difficult we would not send them a survey.

How do you copy someone’s previous message and have it shown on your response? Like what you just did to Jon quote.

Highlight the words and a “Quote” box pops up.

Ah Thank you! 20000000000

How do you restructure a deal to show 400/mo on paper when the monthly is only 300/mo? I’m missing something.

Depends on the broker. Given the scenario the broker can charge a broker fee of $100 times 36 months which totals $3,600. Or pass some of that savings to the client.

If a broker got that price, it means you can get it yourself as well.