Instructions on how to get a BMW OL incentive - Ultimate Drive Events UDE

Pardon my ignorance, but what does OL stand for?

Lol. Same here but NY/NJ.

You the real mvp :fist:t3:

For anyone looking for an OL Code BMW is having an event for the Lunar New Year. I also got mine online without having to go in. This is the link that I used.

3 Likes

I think this code applies to the dealership specifically.

Not sure if we can use it in NY/NJ area.

So can you combine OL, Loyalty, together?

Perfect timing. Thanks JMK1023

Usually, if the $1,000, $500 is from BMW and $500 is from dealer specific contribution. So if you go to another dealership, they usually honor the $500 from BMW regardless. That’s my understanding, at-least.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I don’t think the Lunar New Year promotion is nationwide. Wasn’t able to get it either.

Has anyone tried using a code from the event website?

Anyone know of any events this month?

How to get a code in Texas? My wife’s car is totaled, and we are planning on a BMW.

So apparently you can use OL with Fleet/PenFed/USAA, and Loyalty/Conquest but you only get $250 vs $500. Info was posted on BMW forums.

Do you have a link?

1 Like

Some members on there are claiming they have done this.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672925

1 Like

I’ve seen this thread. What I suspect is happening is that the dealer is really only redeeming one of the $500 discounts. Then, to placate the buyer, the dealer says that each discount is only $250 each. 2 discounts at $250 = one OL code or one Penfed discount. The matrices make it pretty clear you cannot stack them.

Edit: if you read the thread, you see someone also mentions that a dealer claimed USAA is only $250, not $500. So not a lot of reliable info.

The other possibility is that, in order to salvage a sale, a dealer might have just discounted a further $250, separate from the OL code. If the deal wasn’t all that good to begin with, throwing in $250 to get a sale is nothing. Either way, I don’t think we should believe that you can stack them at $250, at least until we see some further, and much clearer, substantive evidence with a full deal breakdown.

Yeah I read that also but hey, you can use it as leverage saying “other dealership is honoring it”.

You can also tell someone that another dealership is giving you 40% off and a free Rolex. Either way, they will know you are full of it, and it just discredits you. I’m sure everyone has their own style, but I wouldn’t want to bluff on something as fundamental as whether incentives stack. That is something where the dealer is in a much better position to call your bluff. Just ask for a slightly steeper discount…

If you go in too hard with bogus info, the dealer/salesperson is just going to think you are completely unrealistic and will move on to the next customer.

1 Like

Oh yeah def. for $500 shouldn’t make up stories lol