Info about volt leases (California)

Can somebody knowledgeable explain what the cash rebates from the feds and state are available for lease/purchase and if those rebates are limited by your personal income? I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Also, what’s a good volt lease now? Seems like a year ago I could get under $200/mo with no drive off costs but now they’re much more expensive

Thanks!

Purchase - can claim both federal and state EV rebate
Lease- can claim only state EV rebate

Not sure about federal income limit for federal rebate, but CA rebate income limit is $150,000 for single filers,
$204,000 for head-of-household filers, $300,000 for joint filers. https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility

Believe 2018 LT 10k/36mo leases are a little over $300/mo before state rebate and Costco cash. I’d say anything under $300/mo this month is a good deal. Ever since Bolt came out, seems Chevy been throwing money at that vs the Volt.

there’s still a lot in discount and rebate on volts. its the residual that is making the payment higher.

Do you mind directly answering his question(s)?

sure…

Can somebody knowledgeable explain what the cash rebates from the feds (NONE - GOES TO LENDER) and state ($1500 - CLEANVEHICLEREBATE.ORG) are available for lease/purchase and if those rebates are limited by your personal income (YES 300,000 COMBINED HOUSEHOLD BY LAST YEARS TAX DOCS)? I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Also, what’s a good volt lease now? (IM RUNNING ZERO DRIVE 291) Seems like a year ago(INFLATION AND BAD RESIDUAL VALUE) I could get under $200/mo with no drive off costs but now they’re much more expensive

2 Likes

Thanks Chevy Sales girl! Excellent reply!

1 Like