Infiniti VPP - How do you acquire a discount code?

How do you acquire a VPP code? I keep reading about but I didn’t see a method of acquiring one. I have a decent deal on the table for a $61k+ MSRP 2019 QX60, but the VPP is needed to make it happen. Infiniti Financial Services said that’s handled at the dealer level. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You have to work for a company that is on the list.

I did more digging and found a contact # as outlined in the post below. The Infiniti Consumer Affairs representative said it takes up to 3 business days to process and is not guaranteed. She didn’t mention whether I had to work for someone or not.

For reference, I have two deals on the table. Both are just shy of $62K MSRP. One is over 5 hours away and it will be a challenge to get there (we are literally closing on our house in 7 hours so lots going on) and the other is just 90 mins away. The 5 hours example is $527/mo with $527 due, the 90 mins away example is $543/mo with $543 due. We have to turn in our car as well and the dealer further away requires us to drive up tonight or tomorrow and it’s just not going to happen.

And for the gurus in here, I don’t have all the metrics in front of me, but I know there’s at least $11K in discounts applied, a doc fee of $599, 39mo, 12k mi annually. I’ll have go back and ask for the specifics (MF/Residual/etc).

I am not sure that the issue is. If you work for a company on the list then you can just go here to get the vpp code.
https://www.insidenissan.com/home.psp

Otherwise good luck.

Thanks @JamesBond

Including list of current companies which are part of Nissan/Infiniti VPP program for others when searching.

That list isn’t all inclusive. I get vpp through my employer and it isn’t listed.

Agree with @mllcb42, that list is old and has been floating around for several years now.

Best bet is to go to this website, enter your COMPANY email address. If eligible, you will be alerted. If not, you can then click an additional link to have VPP investigate for you to see if you’re eligible.

https://www.insidenissan.com/email_search_nis.psp

My GF works for a company that should be on that list. Would she able to obtain a code and in turn, I use it for myself?

Spouse/domestic partners are eligible

Cool I’ll probably call in today after work.

Should I have dealer give me final pricing. And after everything THEN tell them about the VPP code? I’m afraid if I’m upfront about the VPP code they will adjust their pricing higher, apply the VPP code and land on the same initial number if I never told them. Not sure if that’s considered “playing dirty”

I think you must have the same address also.

You’re most likely correct. Was thinking he said wife initially and not GF, so while domestic partner would apply, address many be an issue if not living together.

Yes we live together. Same address

Let them give you the offer first. VPP is set pricing and in theory, they could go below on first offer, but highly doubtful. Stranger things have happened though.

Ok makes sense. I thought VPP was a code that would lower the MSRP which in turn would give me better pricing. Just realized VPP is a program to buy or lease a car at a pre-determined price. I won’t do anything with VPP yet. I don’t want to be “in the system” and have dealership see it. I think I’ll do my emailing first and then inquire about VPP just in case.

I was told by the dealership it can work both ways. Either pricing is set or you can fully negotiate the sales price then mention you qualify. The way it worked on my Leaf was VPP was an additional $1150 off after the negotiated dealer discount.

Just logged in to InsideNissan and the “pricing structure” shows $250.00 below invoice for All models except the QX70 (makes sense since that model is no more)

Just logged in again and did searches for cars in inventory and they gave me VPP pricing. For example a 2019 RedSport with MSRP of $57,xxx had a discount of about $3,250 bringing my VPP price to about $54,250

I wonder if that difference can be applied to an already dealer discounted price. The last lease I got, the dealership discounted the MSRP by 15% just to make the deal so this addition would be amazing.

Edit: I couldn’t search 2020 cars on insidenissan website to get VPP pricing cause they only offered the QX60 as an option. If I did searches on 2019 it gave me the option for all other cars.