INFINITI QX50 2019, quote review

I’m new to leasing and this is gonna be my first hack.
I’ve been negotiating numbers all week and eventually, the dealer agreed upon below lease structure and numbers over email.

MSRP: $43,715
Selling price: ~$34,620 (includes $1,350 dealer-installed options I requested)
Incentives: $1,750 (summer bonus + VPP)
Residual: 56% ($24,480)
MF: base - 0,00229, after 9 MSDs - 0,00139
MSDs (9): $4,050
Fees: acquisition - $700, docs - $150, registration - $150
Down payment: $0
DAS: MSDs + 1st month, everything else is rolling into
Monthly: $366 (includes 9% PA tax)

After that, I asked them to provide a more formal quote with discussed numbers and they sent me this:

I don’t really understand what many of those numbers mean. But at first glance, I don’t get why there is only $1,000 in Rebates (I have VPP code in addition to summer bonus), why MSDs is only $3,600 while LH calculator says - $4,050, don’t see anything regarding promised dealer installs (~$1,350) etc. So basically the question is, does this quote match my expectations above?
I’m afraid that as soon as I get to the dealership for signing, they’ll ask me to pay more then we agreed upon.
The folks in the dealership are kind but I feel that they don’t really comfortable with math, so they hardly may address all my questions regarding the quote.

I’d appreciate any advice from LH community!

To help in understanding the lines and what they mean, there’s a good thread to review Thanks to @chrishs2000 for detailing all the info.

Thanks!
Based on that topic I realized that “Total Cap Reduction” is amount expected at signing (besides MSDs?) and that looks about right since we agreed that I’ll pay 1st month + MSDs upfront.
Still not sure what are “Upfront Fees - $258,97” and “Amount due at start - $4,600” though.

Bump up.
I’m about to sign this quote tomorrow. Could anyone explain me please how much DAS will be, based on the screenshot? I’ve asked for MSDs + 1st month only but not sure if they calculated it correctly.

Have you tried asking the dealer to confirm (they could have told you), cause $3600 of the $4600 is the MSD’s.

If you read the link you could have easily came up with the extra $1000 due: that its the Line 15 + Line 24 + Line 28 which equals $1000.

375.03+258.97+366=1000 + 3600 (MSDs) = $4600

You need to ask about the VPP if you have the code (unless they included it in the sales price).

This should be close to your deal?

@VirginiaBeacher, thanks for the response.
First of all, the lease is for 10k miles, residual is 56% and the tax is 9%.

My request was $366/month (tax included) and only MSDs + 1st month upfront. They said “OK” and sent me the above quote. Since I don’t understand all the numbers there, my concern is that they’ll try to charge me more than MSDs + $366 when I’ll show up tomorrow.

I’ve asked about VPP several times, I assume it’s added to the selling price. I see that on top of $3600 MSDs they added $1000 rebate (this is a summer bonus probably). And Selling price $34,060.05 (Line 5) - Total Cap Reduction $375,03 (Line 15) + Capped Fees $700 (Line 20) = $34,382.02 which is equal to Adjusted Cap Cost (Line 21). So I assume that $34,382.02 may be used as selling price in LH calculator.
Upfront Fees $258,97 (Line 25) probably include doc/dealer/registration fees. Is that possible that they cover this fee by the rebate ($1,000)? If that’s the case then the remaining rebate is $741,03.
So I came up with this calculation: LH Calculator
Though MSDs = $4,050 here, not $3600 as in their quote. Also, it’s still not clear who covers $375,03 Cap Reduction.

Well the miles wasn’t a big deal since I had the residual correct. Also, I fixed it to 9% which didn’t change it much.

But then I would double check with them, cause if you click zero down it pushes the payment to $366 with tax on the calculator.

Why don’t you call them and ask for the new car sales manager and ask them what you owe at signing and about your VPP??

@VirginiaBeacher, thanks.
It seems that they basically cover upfront fees ($258,97) and cap cost reduction ($375,03) by $1,000 rebate and in addition collect $366 cash for the 1st month as I asked. In that case, numbers in LH calculator more or less match with the quote. Though MSDs are $4,050 vs $3,600 but this is not a deal-breaker for me.
That’s similar to what you get in LH calculator as well.

We have been negotiating this quote for several weeks already and I feel they are a bit tired of my emails already :slight_smile: I basically just feel uncomfortable when sign under numbers I do not fully understand. So the goal of the topic is to figure out how all those numbers sum up. I think now I have a pretty good understanding.
Will try to sign this tomorrow :slight_smile:

No worries, so it was what I posted earlier :wink:

Also, looks like then the rebate was included in the sales price, this should be pretty accurate now:

Hmm, not really because recent calculation has over $1k DAS besides MSDs. And the request was for MSDs + 1st month DAS only. I think previous calculation is more accurate.

The quote in the 1st post has only $3600 in MSDs due at signing. It shows $4600, but that remaining $1k is covered by the rebate.

My fault read that totally wrong, but then it all looks good that theyre cover some of your MSD’s with the Rebate.

Thanks! It makes sense now. I’ll post an update tomorrow as soon as I sign.

Signed today. Thanks everyone.