Q50 RedSport AWD (400 hp)
Premium Plus
Technology Package
Driver Assistance
Adaptive Steering

MSRP: 60,210 USD
Discount: ~ 12000 on MSRP
Down: First Payment + 200 Doc Fee
Monthly Payment: $449, 39 months/10K miles per Year (still Negotiating, trying to get $10 less)

Thought to share… Thanks to HN308 who referred me !

Wow, did you apply MSDs to that? If not, you could get it below $400

@ Ed_Churchward - Can you share more details on how to arrive less than $400, not sure if the dealer will be willing to do MSD. Any information is greatly appreciated…

Where is this dealership?

Well they don’t have a choice really, it is with the finance company. Does not cost them anything. Infiniti allow 9 or 10 of them. Each one is your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 I think with infinity and will bring your mo eyes factor down

NY does not allow MSDs. Have to go to Jersey or CT.

OK, so the MF is very very low on the Q50 so you can only apply 3 MSDs to it before you get to basically 0%.

I can get the payment much lower but it has a bigger standard drive off due to the MSDs (which you get back) and paying the acquisition fee up front.

1 Like

$368 with an $855 driveoff including your first month if you remove the MSDs and Acquisition so actually it sounds like they are marking up something in your deal.

You are right, I will also for the discount details and numbers may be it’s not 12k discount as he said…Is this a good deal or is there any room for negotiation ? Dealer is in CT, will askip for MSD if that would help in anyways…thank you for your great & quick response…

Well it depends if you mission is to get a lower monthly or a lower drive off. It still seems like a good deal but I always like to know all the numbers upfront.

Also that is with 9% tax

Well, I think they actually do have a choice. If they mark up MF, then of course they would not want to do MSD.

MusleCar,

Either you are not getting 12K off MSRP or they are charging some thing else to get the adj cap cost up by 3K. Look at the screenshot of my calculator which I use to calculate my payments and it clearly shows in Deal # 2 what you should be paying with the 12K discount. Deal # 3 is what comes up based on monthly payment you have been given.

Frankly getting 12K off on red sport is unheard of and I talked with almost every dealer in NY Tri-state area to get the deal I am getting which is 10,800 off sticker but of course my MSRP is way less than yours. Because the residual on red sport is higher and incentives from IFS are different it is very hard to get 12K off but if you do get it than your monthly should be $365.45 with tax and this is without using MSD.

HN

No, because they still get their cut if they mark it up I believe.

1 Like

Or they are marking up the MF (one way to profit while discounting the selling price)

1 Like

@ HN308 / @ Ed_Chuchward -

Awesome analysis. I got to know that its 12K from sales person word of mouth, did not get the complete details. Looking at HN308 analysis, 9K discount numbers matches with what he has provided. Not sure if he applied 12K & did some margins on MF/Residual… Need to ask sales person more details on MSRP/Sale Price/MF/Residual etc…

They do get their cut, but MSD lower their net profit.

also, is it 36 months or 39 months?

Here go the details -

GROSS CAPITALIZED COST:49,258.99 (48,558.99 + 700 Acquisition Fee)
RESIDUAL VALUE.33,066.00
DEPRECIATION AND ANY AMORTIZED AMOUNTS: 16,192.99
RENT CHARGE.96.14
TOTAL OF BASE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.16,289.13
No. of Payment: 39
Base Payment:417.67+Tax - 449.

This is a 2017 or 2016 ?