Infiniti lease transfer liabality question

Not a criminal but definitely can chase after them in civil court. Can you collect that’s a different story. I guess the only thing you can do is stick a civil suit to the estate

1 Like

That’s assume the estate is willing to give back the car

Unless they want to pay for it why wouldn’t they give it back, they don’t hold title on it.

Free car to use? The guy is dead, what does he care?

Update:- I got the car back from the deceased person’s family after a lot of back and forth. Infiniti gave me the power of attorney to register the vehicle again in my name. So now I have an extra car sitting in the household. I have to figure out a way to get rid of one of the cars. I checked Carmax, carvana etc, I’m around 5K away from the offers I got vs. payoff. The dealer inflated the residual to keep the monthly payment low.

1 Like

The finance company did that, not the dealer. NTM you were obviously content to take the low payment at the time.

RVs also fall below forecasts besides your lease isn’t even over yet. Actual market value could be a lot closer to RV by the end.

1 Like

How many months remaining?
How many miles per month allowable?
If decent, TURO that thing !

Also you mentioned carmax and carvana,… Did you reach out to vroom ?

Mani, come on now - this is not good advice. This person just got burned doing a lease transfer, you really want this individual to risk issues that come out of putting a lease on Turo when it is not explicitly allowed in the contract?

3 Likes

It’s all in the paper work

Also, keep in mind, I don’t think you’re able to transfer more than once. You’re on the hook for the car. Consider a place like carmax buying it out. I have a ‘16 qx50 which was valued at 23k, carmax would pay 25k, after lease termination fees car would end up being 27k, so I’d be on the hook for 2k to be done with it cleanly (rough estimates)

Edit: oops, I didn’t read far enough down to you comment. I see you tried carmax

I was not aware about Infiniti contracts specifically stating that. But for those that don’t have that issue, Turo insurance covers the car while being used and doesn’t effect the owner. I have had a family member dealt with a SETF lease and there car ended up being totaled on turo. Turo paid off and setf had no issues as long as they got paid.

Many (if not most) captives have language explicitly in the lease that states it is not allowed to be used for rental, car sharing, or ride sharing (e.g. Uber or Lyft) purposes.

The only ones that I am aware of now with exceptions, if you ask for it, are MBFS and BMWFS.

1 Like

hmmmm I can agree on most of it but are you sure about ride sharing as well? Doesn’t Hyundai have a special Uber incentive? Also, over the years I have seen some toyota dealerships advertising Uber friendly deals openly on site and print media.

You may be right about the the ride sharing and Hyundai. Forgot about them.

Soon GM…but not quite yet.

FWIW, I’d never do it, even if I was allowed. Too much risk in relation to the reward.

Also GM came out partnering with Maven for ride sharing so maybe things might change but yeah I guess no Turo option OP sorry about that.

1 Like

Sure, I’m not trying to indicate that I wasn’t content on taking the low payment.

Are you sure about not being able to transfer more than once. That’s a bummer! Are they explicitly stated anywhere in the contracts?

why would you risk it again?

You’re right, I wouldn’t want to risk it again. That’s more like a last resort if no other option works.