Infiniti lease- acceptable tire brands

After reviewing the Infiniti guide to chargeable wear and use, it is still not clear whether brands like Vercelli or Crosswind tires are acceptable. The tire size, load index and speed rating is the same(and non run flats)

Does anyone have an guidance they can share or direct me to somewhere it speaks to this?

https://www.infinitifinance.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P1T00001N0xNpUAJ

Do you have a special INFINITI that needs special tires like a G35? Or Run flats

If not, as long as they match then the inspector won’t note the brand name, he will note if they match if they are bald or have rim rash.

Also if you think you only need 1, then turn it in, that 1 wholesale tire (no labor) will be cheaper than you trying to replace it.

Just get an used tire off eBay. Got one to return a Mercedes lease couple years ago and saved hundreds.

1 Like

I just got a QX60 inspected for a return, they did note the brand along with tread depths. It was on the final inspection report…

Thanks all. I still have another ~1.5 years on my lease but the truck needs 4 tires. I rotated every 5k miles but they are at about 4-5 32nds. Its a standard -'19 QX60 with 18s but I planned on purchasing my least expensive tire choice with decent reviews that will take me to the end of the lease, with tread remaining, but no get dinged for the brands. Simpletires.com has some good deals on off brands. For local driving, they are not a bad choice.

Don’t. You’re saving only pennies a day. One mishap will wipe out those savings by magnitudes

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+LTX&partnum=365VR8PRLTXV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Infiniti&autoYear=2019&autoModel=QX60&autoModClar=AWD&autoMake=Infiniti&autoYear=2019&autoModel=QX60&autoModClar=AWD

$118 including free shipping and road hazard

2 Likes

Edit* Sorry didn’t read your part that you have 1.5 years left on lease. Like @max_g wouldn’t risk with cheap tires at all specially if my family travels in it.

On 100% of my leased vehicles the tires wear out very quickly. 20k is the most I get on the first set if I’m lucky. Only time I ever returned a leased vehicle with originals was one I turned in way early. Seems the brands all go with tires with hideous tread life. I then replace by going to Tire Rack and ordering by the highest tread life I can find, which tend to be Continental.

That’s for Mismatch, if the brands are different then boom you get 4 tire charge.
I once returned a lease with 3 of 1 model of tire and 1 of a different model and the inspector didn’t care since all 4 were the same brand.

1 Like

Makes sense, good point!

Thanks all.