Infiniti End of Lease over charge

I have returned an infiniti that had two big scratches, I told the inspector that I will fix one and I did it before the return. One month later I received a bill for both!
What should I do now?

The dealer didn’t even bother to look at the car when I return it to the dealership and I don’t know where is the car now

do you have proof of the scratch repair?

Receipt of work done

i’d submit that to infiniti and tell them the inspector didn’t do his job at turn in

from IFS’s lease return guide:

What to do if your vehicle has Chargeable Excess Wear and Use
We encourage you to have your vehicle repaired by an Infiniti Retailer prior to returning your lease. If you do repair your vehicle, you may fax the Repair Order and Receipt to 972-607-7151 detailing the repairs so we can amend your end of lease liability statement, or have a re-inspection completed, as applicable.

Reason being…the dealer has nothing to do with it. It’s between you, IFS and AIM. There is no reinspection on the car unless requested by you, or IFS.

2 Likes

You had the dealer inspect it or a 3rd party?

3rd party was amazing… I had worn out tires scratches on every panel (bad) torn up bumper/cracked and I got charged like $450 I thought it was a joke!

IFS requires AIM (Alliance Inspection Management) to do the inspections, not the dealership. If the car is grounded before an inspection is completed, the dealer will call AIM to inspect before IFS will pick up for auction. That all changes, of course, if the dealer buys the car outright.

I’ve also found AIM very lenient with regard to charges. My wife kissed the wall of the garage, which estimates to repair were over 1k. AIM only put down $450 in damage.

1 Like

I’m assuming they just took the original bill from the inspection and just billed it out

Exactly. Had OP faxed that info in on the repair, they would’ve (should’ve at least) deducted it from the final invoice.

3rd party 220222

1 Like

Is it too late right now to do that?

That is correct sadly

Good question…call IFS and find out.

Yes - I had the same thing happen with another lease. My wife didn’t think to show both keys to the inspector and he gives her an estimate including $350 for the missing key. She did not demand a new estimate as he assured her that everything would be fine if we returned both keys.

What do you know - when we return the vehicle we get an invoice include the $350 missing key charge. I had to just phone in and let the agent view the photos of the car prior to auction to get the charge reduced.

I had the same thing happen when I turned my CMAX Energi in 3 years ago. The charging cable was hanging on the wall in the garage right next to where the car was. When the inspector submitted his report, he said it was missing the cable (not sure why he didn’t ask me before he left - as I asked him if I was missing anything). Charge on the bill for $825. I called before turn in and they told me to just leave it with the vehicle when I turned it in. When I turned it in, I took pictures of it with the car and had the dealer to which I returned the vehicle write a letter to Ford stating I returned it. It took about 30 days after lease turn in, but charge was removed from my account.

1 Like

I submit the receipt yesterday. However, they charged to paint the whole passenger for $400 door and I just buff it out with $80. Do you think they accept it and remove the charge?
The scratch went away with buffing but if someone look too close from the right angle it might be a little visible.

I had the same happen when I returned my Infiniti. I did the repair after the inspection and sent my repair receipt to Infiniti prior to returning the car yet I was still billed. I think they don’t inspect the car again. Anyway I contacted Infiniti and sent the receipt again and they removed the charger.

I don’t think they will care that you had the job done for cheaper. They wanted a new bumper for $790 but I had the bumper fixed for $250 and they accepted it.
The cars go to auction and I think they can care less hence it doesn’t seem they inspected again after receiving the car.

Same. I had a Q50 with major damage, including a huge dent over the rear wheel and door from taking a turn to sharp in a garage and hitting a concrete column, major scratching on lower bumper, another huge dent on the driver door from something from road debris and some minor scratches on the rear bumper. Just the huge dent alone I was looking at $2.5-3k at a body shop. AIM, for everything, changed me $1,100. I was in shock. Happily paid it.

I know this thread is old but what happens if the delaer buys the car. Does that mean no charges from IFS?