Increased Money Factor

I’m looking into an Infiniti. Do you know if the dealership has to split the vig with the bank if they mark up the money factor or do they get the entire profit. Is there a standard across dealerships?

Does it matter? Insist on buyrate if you’re Tier 1.

It matters because I would like to try something and it only works in theory if the dealership profits 100%. Infiniti is already .00003 on a Q50. I’d like to ask them for .00103 MF for a $2,000 reduction in sales price which should be a wash. Then once the sales price is lowered I would buy it back down to .00003 with 10 MSDs. It would save me an additional $50 a month.

1 Like

Not sure about IFS but other captives I know allow a max bump of .00040.

I like your creativity, have thought of asking something similar before. Also, I think infiniti is a max of 9 MSDs. The bigger question may be whether the deal makes it through underwriting.

That’s probably a predatory lending thing to protect the consumer. I wonder if I could sign something to allow more?

The manufacturer has a cap that cannot be exceeded. You can’t just change the rules to got your desires

In the corporate world there are rarely instances of just “sign something”. Contracts have to be vetted by Legal.

1 Like

Sounds like it will be too much effort for the dealer. They want a quick close not risking the contract bouncing back just to save you some bucks.
But hey, keep us posted.

I agree with you guys that it’s probably more headache than it’s worth but I’ll still ask. I personally think it would be a good idea for some dealership to offer it. The first dealership to offer it is essentially lowering the floor and maybe getting more business from savvy leasehackrs.(assuming they want more negative margin deals)Sure it only applies to car companies that offer MSDs and cars that have near zero MF, and in no way does it have anything to do with me looking for a good price on a Q50. :slight_smile:

Some of this will depend on how the mangers are paid at the dealership, if they are paid on front and back end and whether a loss counts against them etc. Good luck but I doubt anyone would bite