Income to Lease Payments

When I go to FL its the polar opposite to NY. Even Westchester compared to Long Island (not the hamptons) there is a huge difference. Westchester is a little more conservative, whereas Long Island is a little more out there.

There is a house I drive by every morning on the way to work… probably ~$200K house with about $250K worth of cars in the driveway… that guy must be the ultimate hackr. :grin:

Well not value of the car more than price paid for the car. Also, I always do thing the car should fit in with the stature of the house. Like my cars blend in, if I put a someone that live in the neighboorhood’s chrome Aventador with orange wheels out I don’t think it’d fit the same.

Oh i meant house prices. You said 120k house. :slight_smile:

I did. Price/size/appearance of the house all of it :slight_smile: versus the car.

They’re not talking about your payment, they’re talking about the value of the car as it relates to your annual income… They’re saying that you could buy a car valued at 10, 20, or 50% of your ANNUAL income. Meaning someone making $50,000 a year should probably buy a car for $5,000 to $25,000 in value. Or we can just shit on their integrity without reading the article.

Just want to double check my math…

edited

Lets not make this a case of this is why we can’t have nice things. If @Ed_Churchward wanted to disclose his annual, lets leave it up to him.

2 Likes

I’m only checking my math here for calculation purposes

Edited

I threw a relatively simple example in my original post in case you wanted to replicate.

Off topic I know but do you have a G80? If so would you mind pming me to share your feedback about how you like the car? Thanks.

They say 15% on the TOTAL cost of a new car. You have it a bit mixed up i think.

Also, 1 car and it is 1.3%

1 Like

You’re planning on buying out your Genesis? I’ve thought about it but feel like it’ll become a PITA to own given that little tech glitches are already happening on mine in year 2.

A little over 1% for a Volt LT

1 Like

Here goes:

2016 ATS-V: $580 (79k MSRP, 39/12K, 100% sign and drive + $100 visa gift card)
2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate: $540 (64k MSRP, 36/12K, 100% sign and drive, about $1,500 in remaining Silverado lease payments absorbed by dealer)
2017 Terrain Denali: $248 ($42k MSRP, 24/10K, $1000 total at sign)
2017 Volvo S90: $279 (60k MSRP, 24/7,500, 100% sign and drive + $200 Costco card)

Monthly: $1,647 x 12 = $19,764
Annual Household Gross (between the wife and me): $255,000

About 8%. Maybe I should scale back? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Counter-point: Toys are fun and it sounds like you got some great deals. :wink:

5.866% for 2 cars (20 char)

I’m an idiot and terrible at math

Not trying to call you out, but between you and your wife, you guys are making north of $800k?

(438 x 12) / 840, 000 = 0.6%

That’s amazing! :star_struck:

Nearly 1 million dollars in annual income and you drive a Hyundai and a Ford Focus? I tip my hat to your humility! By the way, what do you do? I need a career change! :slight_smile:

1 Like