If you had to get a car today…

No interest in the Boxster/Cayman. Panamera and Taycan are on a very short list of candidates to replace a different vehicle in the next several months.

For as long as I can remember my father has had at least one Corvette, and he’s commonly had three or four at once, so there’s really no allure there either.

I kind of want a GR86 as a replacement for the Prelude. My Toyota dealer has 2 coming in next month, including one in the color/trim I want, but sadly both are AT.

no plaid?
im digging the electric power train after owning a tesla.

1 Like

No. My first ride in a Model S was a taxi we hired at the airport in Amsterdam several years ago.

I still think they’re really ugly, and I don’t want to drive around in an electric Crown Victoria.

3 Likes

makes sense… i think my model 3 perf isnt a looker, black hides lines okay. but my kid scratches it all up.
but the power train is legit.

taycan is good also, better all around package. but plaids speed it just silly on another level. Ive just never saw the value of the panamera over its competitors.

I have a ridiculous set of requirements and expectations, which has doomed me to dislike almost everything on the road.

I’ve loved the Panamera since it’s debut, and almost bought one in 2011. I still regret that I couldn’t unclench the fist that holds the money far enough to execute on that.

Taycan looks better (highly subjective) and for obvious reasons it appeals to the electrical engineer I married, but we don’t pick out each other’s cars. So I keep going back to the Panamera.

I know the feeling, I just ended up with multiple cars. Theres no 1 car that ticks all the boxes.
My SUV replacement will be due in summer. Not sure if im ready to give up ice car for the family trip car yet.

1 Like

Do you have a short list of cars that you are interested in? I have a feeling you would like an Audi RS6 Avant

Just the two I mentioned, as a replacement for my 750. The lease is up in June, but I am leaning toward just buying it out.

I wish I’d gotten a 760 instead of a 750, but I don’t think a 760 now would scratch the same itch.

RS6 Avant might be a possibility if we decided to go down to one vehicle from a sedan and an SUV, but then neither of us would have what we want. So we’ll probably stick to separate vehicles… one sedan and one SUV, and each pick precisely the one we want.

It’s hard for modern combustion engines to compete with the instant torque of an EV.

I’m almost tempted to say my future will be 3- and 1-pedal driving but not 2.

I’m not against an EV, it’s just that the Taycan is the only one currently for sale that appeals to me, and the 4S isn’t that much quicker than my 750 (and it’s about the same as my 550).

I drove an Eat-Ron when they were giving them away, and that thing felt like it was pulling a trailer full of cattle.

1 Like

for fun car… 765Lt spider (prob the last ICE fun car id get)

daily, changing the tesla 3 performace to a plaid. i like cars that feel okay tossing around, but the acceleration is impressive.

for SUV replacement, im not sure, got a 4 yr old so stuff just gets beat up so quickly…maybe just default and get another x3 or same size SUV

if u live near LA, id let u drive the performace 3, to feel a quicker EV with torque everywhere.
it is not big ICE speed after 80mph though

1 Like

extend for 6 months by putting a deposit on an i4.

Appreciate the offer, but LA is quite a drive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that based on the published 0-60 times?

That’s my only reference point for the Taycans in the absence of personal experience.

I obviously drove the EaTroN.

1 Like

So IRL driving EVs are faster than ICEV rated at the same 0-60.

1 Like

Which one?

Didnt you know the digital second is faster than an analog second.

2 Likes