If one salesperson/manager is not willing to deal, do you appraoch another employee in the same dealer?

Why hide that you are not happy with the original salesperson’s service? You two didn’t vibe. It happens all the time in the business. Your goal should be three-fold. First, to get the vehicle you want. Second, to work with someone that will work for your business. Third, to teach the original salesperson how a customer like you should be treated. Contact his/her Sales Manager and inform them that you would like to work with someone else because you are not vibing with the original salesperson and the manager will assign someone else to work with you.

This approach is more effective and may make the dealership more accommodating during your buy if you are not coming off as spoiled and opportunistic because of an initial bad experience. It may also highlight the original salesperson’s short-comings in such situations for coaching and mentoring. The dealership will sort out the rest if you buy.

1 Like

Coming from years in the car business, It’s rare that the dealership will reassign the customer.

Your post doesn’t make sense- the whole point is to see if someone else will give you a better price. As a manager, I have countlessly given more aggressive deals to help a salesperson hit a goal if her or she is close.

1 Like

Seems I misread the original post. I was under the impression the poster was unhappy with their original sales person’s handling of their deal. Best to leave the responses to the pros.

1 Like

Deal/number usually come down from sale manager and the saleperson is only delivery the message.

In the op case, you need to research to see how was the number used to be from the pass (discount etc.) current month programs (incentives, mf, residual). After you have that figure out, shop around on the internet to see if any other dealer willing to bud on the price that you comfortable with. Strategy is Use the quotes from dealers to cross check and see who willing to go with your price.

Do you realize that you are responding to someone who sells cars for living?

2 Likes

He works at the dealer so?! If he is in the business then he knows better that salesperson cant do much regard to the price. Also the goal of the salesperson is to hold on as much gross as he or she can to make profit/ commission and the buyer to get the car as much less price as they can. Thats why they have the 4 square, first pencil etc. So if the saleperson is rude but he can produce numbers dealer still gonna keep him (bad part of the business but it is the reality!)

so to be relevent to this thread even if op email another person the number will still be given down by the sale manager (the desk) whom probaly already read his conversation with the assigned internet manager. It is all about the negotiation, they can add another person to get the deal (fresh face); however the number still be given from the desk!

The only way to teach the salesperson and the dealer if he or she is rude and the transaction gone bad is the CSI score.

Even if you change email etc. but you ask for the same car same configuration they will still can trace it back to you!!!

I initiated my inquiry with the fleet manager who was professional and cordial but not working with me on negotiating much. Challenge is that I’m looking for a low production vehicle in a specific color with a specific trim. Within a 500 mile radius, there are maybe 2 available in the configuration I want. I have another month to continue shopping so no rush.

What car are you looking for if you dont mind i ask?

So, you decided to teach him how it really is? :joy:

1 Like

I didnt teach him anything, i am response to the question that op ask. And he works at the dealer he shouldn’t response like that! JS.:joy:

Realistically, if you’re looking for such a minimum production car, it’s probably not going to matter who you talk to in regard to negotiating a price. There’s going to be little to no competition.

2 Likes

@Dkphan

how much was the discount? Saw you live in Nocal, suggest you extend your search to socal.

Only $500 off MSRP, vehicle is in LA area.

Most of the NorCal dealers have been taking 5%-6% off MSRP.

Saw this topic i know it is not the same specs as yours and the msrp is lower but 500 off?! Dam that guy just doesnt want to sell you the car.

you’re comparing apples to oranges. The OP wants a very specific model, of which 2 (two) are available in his 500 mile radius. The dealer has no real incentive to negotiate on a car this “rare.” It’s not like he can go down the street and find the exact same one.

Yeah got you, my bad the car is not comparable… good luck op.

Sadly, it seems everyone overlooked my response that I mistook the original post and what was being asked. I thought there was an issue between Roma and the Fleet manager.

@coolryans & @Dkphan are right. The numbers come from the desk. Sales people have no impact on the final numbers.

1 Like

The sales person is no more than a buffer for the manager. That is the reason we exist and in almost every dealership the internet manager cannot do any pricing the manager does not approve. If it is a low production vehicle too then discounts may be scarce. I have sold special editions for 25k over sticker and people were happy to pay just to get the opportunity(911 GT3RS). All you will do is cause strife in the dealership and only because the salesman is doing exactly what his manager said to do in order to keep his job.