I need a vehicle, but what is absolute cheapest option for 12/18 month lease?

Nissan whatever small crappy thing is probably the best option, although with their fiscal year closing up a few days ago, deals probably wont be as aggressive as they were over the last couple months

1 Like

Ahh, I wondered why Nissan was being so aggressive. I was really interested in those Frontier deals I saw on here in January, but can’t seem to find them anywhere now. That makes sense

1 Like

You probably should just buy something used and cheap, and resell when you’re done with it. Something that has already depreciated but will be easy to offload like an older RAV4 or CR-V.

This gives you the flexibility that a lease cannot.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m looking at cheap used cars. I don’t really want to spend more than $6k, which gets you a RAV4 or CR-V with 200k miles, it seems. But I’ll be in rural Canada most of the year, and the idea of an old, well-used vehicle makes me uneasy. I’ve been in new car leases since 2010, and the worst thing that’s happened since then was my auto-up function quit working on one of my cars.

Just a thought, maybe look into monthly rentals thru Sixt or Sixt+. The cost of leasing, storing the car for 4+ months, insurance, etc might not make sense with the high upfront cost of getting a good deal (max msds, one pay, etc) it’s a gamble what the car market could be in a year, you could get lucky and have some equity, or have trouble paying someone to take the car off your hands.

1 Like

Oh wow. I had no idea a program like this was out there. Interesting. Looks like it’s would be $700/month for a RAV4 (or similar). So about $3,500 to drive a car for the summer (+ some sort of insurance, through them or my own policy). That’s not insane considering it’s a new or near new vehicle.

Thanks for the tip!

Care by Volvo would be a good option too, or Hyundai’s new Evolv program.

1 Like

I have a unique solution: Crown Victoria.

4 Likes

Well my post did say that I was trying to avoid a sedan, but thanks for the suggestion

I just tried looking up the Hyundai program, but I can’t find any vehicles available even remotely close to the Pacific Northwest.

2 Likes

I know that a sedan can have a hitch on it with a bike, and I had a sedan before that did. It’s more about gear management. Having all your stuff in the trunk of a sedan with the bike rack on the back is a hassle.

It’s a new program, perhaps it’s not fully operational. Care by Volvo has been around for a while and should be a great option.

I just picked myself up a 04 grand marq for $1,000 cash

3 Likes

This. Deals pretty much hit a fever pitch by Friday and then shut off more or less by Saturday the 1st.

Nissan Murano is probably the cheapest lease you’ll find for what you’ve stated. Check the marketplace. There are a couple California brokers who have posted pretty sweet deals on these:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/norcal-nissan-sale-march/313232/224?u=mumu

Another one but socal:

Those are March deals though. Nissan more than others has a steep delta in deals from March to April due to the fiscal year.

Might have to start a Panther platform spin-off thread soon, tbh.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.