I Literally Laughed in His Face

Count me in!

I’ll bring the whole family. Including mom and pops and uncles. I think the worst deals wins. lol

Then you def need to hit Chrysler/Jeep dealerships somewhere in PA from what I remember in threads before this one

Just go to any autonation. lol

2 Likes

Let’s do it!!! I think I’ll win, since I’m a blonde female. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re not playing fair

6 Likes

Only if I show cleavage!

5 Likes

Are they notorious for bad deals? They Have a few I wanted to check out.

1 Like

That’s cheating

Rule #23. No excuses, play like a champion.

4 Likes

You think the dealers aren’t working all the angles? Aren’t playing fair?

It’s business: you work all the angles you got. Including cleavage and anything else you got.

I got nothin’ though.

Fine. I’m currently wearing a shirt that is so old, it’s probably more holes than shirt. I’m wearing a tank top underneath. Is that cheating?

I mean, I could go in with my hair all knotty and crazy and looking like a schlub, but it’s still blonde and curly and I’m still female. Maybe put a raisin on a tooth to make it look like it’s missing?

2 Likes

Only if you want to end up a story on reddit /askcarsales

Just got home from work… and damn. Tough crowd here. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I got so tired of reading that sub. You get downvoted for questioning add-ons, or asking for invoice pricing and god forbid you should go after holdback: they’ll burn you at the stake.

You can’t blame them. Their job, if they want to make money, is to hold gross for the dealer. You hit invoice and they aren’t getting more than a couple hundred bucks for their time with you and then they lose motivation.

Those of us in this group are capitalizing on the deals where, for most sales folks, they’re making peanuts but the dealer makes the money at some point (hopefully) on the backend that makes up for it. Unless you are a sales person that makes it up in volume, we are not good time investments as customers.

2 Likes

If you think about it though: we come in informed, we know what we’re after, and we know how to get it all within the sandbox the captive has given us to play in. At that point all that’s left for them to do is see if the deal makes sense for them to do to hit a dealer wide and or individual volume incentive and or just get rid of inventory otherwise collecting dust.

In terms of time invested we are usually a better bet than Suzy Q who comes in with a 500 credit score looking for a fully loaded Mom-mobile on a mirage budget.

I probably sell 1-2 new BMWs per month at MSRP. The business is about averages, so for every leasehackr deal there is someone buying at MSRP. Same with my commissions, there are some huge ones and some minis ($100) but most are in the middle.

Also for some people paying MSRP is worth it because they will get preferential treatment. For example, if someone who bought an X7 at MSRP gets a flat tire and needs a service loaner ASAP but our loaner department does not have availability for 3 days, I will personally make sure one is available now.

7 Likes

Very tough crowd hahaha. I ran into something similar three years ago when I lease a Lexus. I responded with all the researched numbers and what other dealers were offering and got to a much much lower number within 20 mins. I don’t blame them, their job is to see if you’ll bite at a much higher offer. It’s annoying but that’s how the compensation structure is set up and it encourages that kind of behavior.

I’ve also bought a few cars through the internet manager, all via email - back and forth. So much easier that way, as I’m sure you already know.

1 Like

Only true if you’re respectful and actually educated. Not always the case.