Crv EX:
Monthly: 299+tax
36/12,
Msrp 28200
Selling 25200
Mf: 0.00069
Residual: 61%
DAS $0

Sad thing is at least in Texas as well as other sale price tax in absence of tax credits, very high incentives, or unreal residuals the 1% rule is more often than not a good deal.

Decent deal if true DAS. Over 10% discount. Are any incentives boiled in?

$750 lease cash. Sorry forgot to mention!

What do you mean true $0 DAS? They said, i need to pay $23 when signing. Asked them to mention in the lease sheet.

Maybe the chutzpah in me but what’s with the $23? They won’t let you walk over it, I promise. :upside_down_face:

Lol, not sure! But literally it is $23

Still a decent discount on a Honda. It’s weird they’re making you pay 23 bucks… but whatever… it’s a good deal in my mind and I’d be happy with it if I really liked the car.

The offer I have on an AWD EX at 36/15k lease is $290 with $0 DAS. I think you may be able to do better if you shop around.

1 Like

This makes me think about my recent experiences with dealers (ahem ahem Stealers)
Went to few local dealers and got the stories of my life. I should create a new thread and share all of my stories, I have a few and I have lease work sheets also.

Went to Lexus, brought up BMW 5 series as a talking point, the sales guy went onto to lie after lie (btw does anyone know how do I report that idiot to lexus, he was a character)

Next up, Toyota, deal started at 693$ a month 0 down, on a V6 XSE camry. When I decided to leave the dealership, their last offer was 469$ 0 down. (btw camry is not my Fav, but for right price I would have gone for it.)

Next up The Champs at Honda dealership in NJ, went in to look at Accord Touring, unlike OP they wanted to do numbers on 2.0 EX L. I was like ok no problem lets see what it looks like, started at 660$ plus 3500$ down. with in a min we were at 570$. And then I did not want to go over 370$ a month plus 1000$ down, the sales wanted my CC to present the offer to his manager, That was a fun one.

Plus a few good experiences also, like at Audi where they were very upfront, plus told us all the number which were lower than prices advertised here on LH on an audi A4. At BMW had mixed experience.

Got a dealership to agreed to a MAXIMA Platinum lease for 400$ a month with 0 down with VPP.

I really should crate another tread and post my experiences. lol

Just show some leg…you win.

Show more…they may give you the car.

That doesn’t happen in my dealership. If you work with me I treat you with the up most respect. Yes we have to feel every customers temperature, shoot them a little high and see if they bite. You don’t get it if you don’t ask right? We’re more interested in volume than making a few dollars. If there’s a realistic number we’re gotta make it very easy. It hurts me to see how other dealerships treat their customers, it really sets a bad tone for every dealership.

Why would I need a loaner for a flat tire?

I’m just busting balls, I understand your point.

FWIW, I’d rather get the enemy combatant treatment in a dealership with a .5% deal than a reach around for pumping profits into a dealer.

I’m reading this at work (on break :wink:) and laughing my ass off. Thanks for the story.

Because someone with money to buy an X7 at full boat is someone who’s time you don’t waste. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

BlockquoteAt least he walked away from the terrible deal unlike some people who post on here…

• unlike some people who post on swapalease for 120 days

So you basically went into a dealership and met a bad salesman.
The mark of a good salesman is how quickly he judges the size of the fish. This guy was clearly inexperienced and threw an anchovie to a shark.
I’ve had my share of funny salesmen over the phone

Thanks for sharing, OP. To the harsh critics of OPs shopping technique, lighten up. Yeah, everyday common courtesy applies, but I didn’t know there was a car buying rule book. If so, the saleswomen/salesmen sure didn’t get the memo!

I can’t believe this thread is still open/has traction

4 Likes

Yeah, this one has run it’s course. Idk why people expect unicorns when they walk into the dealer, but they do for some reason.