I have retired thanks and goodbye :

what a jackwad on a good deal, shame

Itā€™s pretty disappointing that one person is going to ruin it for everyone. Even after we stressed how important it was.

Icing on the cake is it screws my bonus and my salesperson who had next to 0 contact with the customer aside from getting the car in detail and handing them the keys.

6 Likes

Holy crap, thatā€™s terrible, sorry to hear that Ethan. :frowning:

2 Likes

and Ihih

10 char

1 Like

I think a lifetime ban is in order

4 Likes

GG idiot hackr. Maybe this is the unwritten rule? If you hack a deal the salesperson automatically gets a flawless survey. At some level we need to have some awareness that regardless of what the survey is asking us the only person that gets penalized is the salesperson.

Sorry to hear this Ethan, you had a great thing going. Iā€™m not in the market for a Bolt but my Tahoe lease is up soon. Best of luck getting this resolved.

5 Likes

oh man. thatā€™s awful. hope everything is resolved soon, and you guys can get back to doing what you guys do best - giving us good deals on cars!
Good luck!
P.S. @ethanrs and @Miguel.At.Chevy have been nothing but open and polite through the process.

4 Likes

Super unfortunate to hear that. =(
You are giving out a stellar deals. LH members should always give a 5 star review!
The finance manager is just doing his job. Why would anyone ding him for that?
Everyone is just trying to make a living here.

Or at least at a bare minimum, if thereā€™s an issue, talk to your LH sales person - 99% of the time, they can help resolve it. If itā€™s somehow not satisfactory, just donā€™t leave a survey at all. You donā€™t have to leave a flawless one if you werenā€™t happy, but you shouldnā€™t leave a middling or negative one either, especially knowing you got a no-profit deal and thereā€™s a group relationship here.

4 Likes

Unreal. Absolutely unreal. What did this member expect finance to do? Not even try to recoup some of the loss? Just say ā€œno thanks.ā€

8 Likes

This is why we canā€™t have nice things.

6 Likes

i was one of the LH crew who picked up a premiere from ethan over the labor day weekend. i wanted to share with everyone what most of you already
know ā€“ that ethan and his crew were courteous, efficient, and extremely respectful of my time in getting me in and out the door in less than 30 minutes. it was probably the single best auto transaction of my life. thank you, ethan, for your attention to detail and professional approach to getting me into a 2020 chevy premiere. i look forward to doing business with you and your crew again soon.

13 Likes

The surveys are flawed.

1 Like

Yes they are, but they are what they are. They come from the manufacturer and nobody at the dealership or here can change that.

You can even give them a good survey and slam them on social media/dealer rater if you want, but CSI is how they get measured AND paid.

F&I has to present the menu to every customer, pretty much the same way. All you have to do is say ā€œno thank youā€. The post-sale manufacturer survey is not the place to start a referendum on the process.

Apparently not. :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Seconded.

That kind of fuckery cannot be tolerated. Not to mention itā€™s negatively impacting my local opportunities with a major Chevy dealer.

2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

People always have something to complain about. The fact that they would get an incredible deal and mess with someoneā€™s bonus is preposterous.

And the worst part is, itā€™s usually the people getting the best deal/paying the least who can be the worst customers.

You just canā€™t make some people happy. And theyā€™re miserable SOBs who deserve to be blacklisted across the board.

9 Likes

This is sad. I actually have had F&I guys just say i have to present this, you just have to say you decline and initial this decline all box. they donā€™t even pitch as they know. No need to fault anyone for that. They are just doing their job. I have only ever given 1 bad survey when the F&I guy was telling me they will have to go ā€œcut out lojackā€ from the car if I donā€™t buy it and ā€œit will void the warrantyā€.

2 Likes

Surveys are definitely flawed in a small number of case and when something like this happens, it could have detrimental impact on a dealership. Car allotment, bonus/co-op money, etc is at stake. Especially high volume cars like Toyota, Honda, Chevy, etc.

So sorry to hear that Ethan and for the hackr that caused this, letā€™s hope he can call Chevy back and tell them it was a mistake. Usually a dealership is allowed 2-3 retractions per month. At least thatā€™s how it was when I sold cars 22+ years ago.

Iā€™m not currently a costco member since my membership expired at the beginning of the year, if I renewed would I be eligible for the $3k? I know the fine print says something about being a member by 9/1, just wondering if theyā€™re strict about it.
All replies with info/experience is appreciated