I have retired thanks and goodbye :

i was one of the LH crew who picked up a premiere from ethan over the labor day weekend. i wanted to share with everyone what most of you already
know – that ethan and his crew were courteous, efficient, and extremely respectful of my time in getting me in and out the door in less than 30 minutes. it was probably the single best auto transaction of my life. thank you, ethan, for your attention to detail and professional approach to getting me into a 2020 chevy premiere. i look forward to doing business with you and your crew again soon.

13 Likes

The surveys are flawed.

1 Like

Yes they are, but they are what they are. They come from the manufacturer and nobody at the dealership or here can change that.

You can even give them a good survey and slam them on social media/dealer rater if you want, but CSI is how they get measured AND paid.

F&I has to present the menu to every customer, pretty much the same way. All you have to do is say “no thank you”. The post-sale manufacturer survey is not the place to start a referendum on the process.

Apparently not. :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Seconded.

That kind of fuckery cannot be tolerated. Not to mention it’s negatively impacting my local opportunities with a major Chevy dealer.

2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

People always have something to complain about. The fact that they would get an incredible deal and mess with someone’s bonus is preposterous.

And the worst part is, it’s usually the people getting the best deal/paying the least who can be the worst customers.

You just can’t make some people happy. And they’re miserable SOBs who deserve to be blacklisted across the board.

9 Likes

This is sad. I actually have had F&I guys just say i have to present this, you just have to say you decline and initial this decline all box. they don’t even pitch as they know. No need to fault anyone for that. They are just doing their job. I have only ever given 1 bad survey when the F&I guy was telling me they will have to go “cut out lojack” from the car if I don’t buy it and “it will void the warranty”.

2 Likes

Surveys are definitely flawed in a small number of case and when something like this happens, it could have detrimental impact on a dealership. Car allotment, bonus/co-op money, etc is at stake. Especially high volume cars like Toyota, Honda, Chevy, etc.

So sorry to hear that Ethan and for the hackr that caused this, let’s hope he can call Chevy back and tell them it was a mistake. Usually a dealership is allowed 2-3 retractions per month. At least that’s how it was when I sold cars 22+ years ago.

I’m not currently a costco member since my membership expired at the beginning of the year, if I renewed would I be eligible for the $3k? I know the fine print says something about being a member by 9/1, just wondering if they’re strict about it.
All replies with info/experience is appreciated

If your dead serious about getting one find a Costco that opened after 9/1 and get a membership asap. That’s the current loophole to the 9/1 restriction.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize this was a loop hole- thanks!

Well, looks like I gotta plan for a flight to the Phoenix area later this month then

Wow just stumbled upon this forum and read through all the deals and was super excited till I got to post from Ethan about the customer survey. Hopefully this isn’t a permanent ban on deals since he was doing an amazing job getting everyone and their mom into a Bolt.

darn, just saw all of this as well and definitely interested. Hopefully ethan is able to start up again.

https://www.costco.com/new-locations.html

1 Like

I guess I’m a little confused on what exactly happened and how a survey is effecting this?

A poor survey has a negative effect on comp for dealership employees.

So when someone gets a slam dunk deal like this with no effort, the least they can do is write a good survey.

Instead, some asshat wrote a poor survey after getting an incredible deal, which makes employees of the dealership not want to work with folks who come from the same channel. They begin to categorize LH customers all as one type.

“Why take loser/poor deals from X people and also get a poor survey?”

17 Likes

Can’t let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Sometimes people don’t realize that these surveys hold as much weight as they do. My wife leased a ford and the salesperson traded 3 tanks of gas for a perfect survey. A chevy dealer told me they get allotted bonus cash based on surveys. They are HUGE. If you pop onto LH just know that part of hacking a lease is the survey. Don’t hate me, but knowing how important surveys are, it can be a bargaining chip. As far as bad surveys, if you get a great deal, don’t poopoo the experience. I would take abuse from a dealer equal to the money I saved and still leave happy.

1 Like

I’d always try alternative channels before dinging anyone on the survey. I intentionally withheld filling my Gladiator survey out until I saw that the negative equity on my Acadia was paid off first. As soon as that happened they got their perfect review. If they had dragged their feet I probably would have followed up on it and reminded them that I hadn’t filled it out yet. In this case maybe I would have mentioned something to Ethan or management about feeling like I was pressured, assuming that’s what really happened? It’s part of the deal though, the Finance manager is just doing their job. Considering the success rate on these deals here I don’t think that was the case.

2 Likes

A lot of times the survey expires after a certain amount of time so this tactic works to an extent