I feel like I got scammed by authorize BMW dealership

Hi.

I’ve made new lease contract for M340 last month (6/29/2021)
And still didn’t get the car.
The dealer contacted me 2weeks ago(7/15/2021), told me I can’t get the car because I have recover balance. Which is very weired. I never missed any payment before.
I had to call here and there to figure out what’s going on.

After the research,
It was from my previous car which I also paid everything and this car was also from the same dealership. ( I never missed any payment during my lease term for that car too ) there shouldn’t be any remaining balance. After another long phone call, The balance was for the Disposition Fee and minor dent on the bumper. Which dealer said they are gonna cover it when I contract my current car. and they didn’t.
I leased my current car on 7/31/2019. Since 2019, I never had any notification about the unpaid balance till now. Also when I contract my new car last month, the dealer didn’t mention about this balance as well.
After i paid for my new lease contract, now they are saying they can’t give me new car until they get paid my remaining balance, which should’ve paid by themself.
I complained it to them, and now they are saying they will pay $395 and want me to pay last of the money. which is around $500. but now it’s not about the money. I’m very surprised and disappointed. This is not random 3rd party used car market. It is authorized BMW dealership. How do I trust them and do business with them again? I feel like I got scammed.
Anyone had this kind of experience like me here?
Any advice?
Thanks.

Jesse.

Was there a long gap between when you turned in your car that they say owes the disposition fee and the next car you leased? Because if you did them at the same time then there shouldn’t be a disposition fee in the first place.

Moved to Ask the hackrs since it’s not really suitable for FAQ section

1 Like

Why is the DEALER asking you for $395. If you owed $395 it would appear on your final Invoice from BMW Financial.

1 Like

Hopefully you have some of that in writing (text/email). I think it’s odd if bmw never contacted you and nothing is on your credit report?

I wouldn’t want to business with them in this situation either, the problem is no BMW is going to be able to lease you a BMW until you clear that. If not for shortages and ordering it, I’d walk away.

I might get corporate involved (:rofl:) and ask then to move the delivery if I wanted to be spiteful (“I’ll pay, but someone else needs to deliver this car - not them”).

Maybe BMWFS won’t approve without getting paid first.

No, dealer is asking me to pay it to BMW Financial. Which they should’ve paid it long time ago.

Yes. exactly.

No. There was no gap.

That’s what I’m saying… but I already paid deposit. They are gonna give me the money back? If I wanna walk way?

You have in writing they are paying disposition fee (should be waived) and damage ? If not you’re responsible for the damage

They are not paying $395 since there is disposition fee. You are only responsible for the damage, if you don’t have anything in writing from the dealer, like others said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.