2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Use a crank generator…
image Redirect Notice

1 Like

Did this change at all for the month of Jan?

For now looks like the deal is extended to Jan 6th. Hyundai called me that they have cars coming in so I put a deposit on one. But if it passes that date who knows what the deal will be!

Which Hyundai dealer?

Syracuse but it was BS they changed there tune to sell me a plug-in Hybrid. Now just trying to get my deposit money back. They have the nerve to tell me that I need to go there in person with my credit card to get the deposit back, since apparently they say I was there in person. When I made the deposit over the phone. I live in Long Island NY, I’m not gonna go all the way there to leave a deposit!!

There are no Ioniq Electric left. Only Hybrid Plug-Ins. They have lower rebates for now till Jan 6 and for some reason, dealerships getting more of 2019. At least mine got a few more in the last few days.

So Plug-In would cost more because of lower rebates.

My deal is posted here effective $183pm for 36/12. Definitely not as low as EVs were.

But hey, maybe in few months they become itchy to dump them as fast as EVs.

I don’t think so. AFAIK the 2020 phev will not get a battery upgrade like the ev model hence the need to clean the closet…but hey, it’s possible.

Are incentives same for the regular hybrid version?

No, they differ.

1 Like

Can’t believe this thread is still alive.

1 Like

Crazy. Figured it was BS. Typical car dealers.

1 Like

Let’s tilt the conversation.

I found this gem recently for sale $24k. Figured to peek at the Carfax here only to instantly start thinking someone at the dealership bought the car to cash in on the $15k rebate only to now try to flip it back to some less fortunate person.

So… that got me thinking… went over to Carvana to plug sample VIN for Ioniq EV with 5k miles to find out Carvana offers $22k to buy it…

Well… who is going to try to flip their Ioniq EV? :slight_smile: What’s the current buy out price?

1 Like

Sux that they are doing that. Really thought I had my chance to finally own a EV, maybe 2020 is my year. Or I guess just go crazy and save up and wait for a Cybertruck :slight_smile:

Just use the magic word (CHARGEBACK) and they’ll probably refund you over the phone.

4 Likes

No-brainer, I even got my diagnostic fee on the repair that was later covered by warranty by mentioning chargeback. Of course they had to drag it out by sending me a check, pending management approval, but still.

Doing this flip i think that person needs to report profit from this transaction as a taxable income. Am I correct? Do we have any accountant on this forum?:crazy_face:

Why? It’s just like buying a car and then selling it later with positive equity left over. Just one much more accelerated timeline.

Is this not the same like buying and selling house with an equity?

I just plugged it into carvana for a buy quote. Their offer is $16.7k. Not so great.

IANAA, but last I checked, I couldn’t deduct my loss/depreciation on my car… so why would it require me to report a profit?

1 Like