Hyundai Elantra N

Not yet. I’m trying to get my wife’s lease squared away first, and then I’m going to hopefully be able to get something.

I am in the same boat. I have a $65K M340 I got at 12% off. I also have only driven 15K miles in 3 years. I am paying $670 a month. I am almost certainly going to buy it. I see no other option that will get me anything close to my car.

1 Like

That b58 ain’t no joke :fire:

1 Like

And I have tuned it and added a down pipe charge pipe and and intake.

1 Like

Elantra N owner here. It won’t have anywhere near the refinement of the cars you’re used to in terms of comfort. I make the drive between LA & SF several times a year and its bearable but not relaxing.

The car is silly amounts of fun though. Chassis is neutral and very responsive. The exhaust is a blast if you’re into pops and bangs. Tons of great features and cool touches (Alcantara & light up N logos in seats notably). I’m biased cause I’m an owner but as a 19 year old this car is 11/10 fun. Love mine and wouldn’t trade it for the world.

3 Likes

Test driving one today, I will report back, pretty much settled on getting one if I like it

4 Likes

So I drove one, and it was fun, but not super refined. The exhaust noise and pops felt gimmicky in the 20 minutes I drove it. Also the cabin was a little loud on the highway. Not nearly as stiff as I expected, and the controls and screen layout isn’t terrible. Just not the car for me. I drove a Jetta GLI the next day and it was a night and day difference, felt like a luxury car compared to the WRX and Elantra N. Even though it is not as fast there are unlimited tuning options for it, so I am trying to find a GLI now.

1 Like

I have always found the same when a 4 cylinder is involved.

1 Like

There are 90k dollar M3s with pops and crackles that sounds gimmicky as hell. Terrible trend that’s been adopted.

1 Like

The LT1 pops don’t sound gimmicky though :hot_face:

3 Likes

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

1 Like

Glad you’ve landed on a path! My sister has a GLI and loves it and thinks my car is silly haha. Enjoy!

Thanks! I think they are definitely similar the, GLI feels more grown up to me, which is a good a bad thing

Great way to describe the VW hot hatches/small sedans. Ive had a number of them over the years and they always seem to have that feeling of “I am slightly more mature than my competitors” to them.

I had an 1983 VW Rabbit GTI as well…this one DID NOT have that same feeling :slight_smile:

Follow up on this, have a lead on 2 Elantra N in black, $2K under MSRP if anyone is looking