Hurry and lease your favorite German sedan

Wonder what The Donald was driven in before The Beast. This isn’t 1982 anymore, and I can’t see a Caddy being luxurious enough for him unless heavily modified

2 Likes

Now that I’m thinking more about this, there’s no way this is going to happen. Congress will throw a fit about it because most of them drive German luxury cars. Trumps BFF in NJ, Tom MacArthur, showed up to a town hall last year in a BMW IIRC. Trump definitely doesn’t realize the investment that these automakers have in our country, nor the fact that this is what his donors drive. BMW is a massive employer in SC and Mercedes opened one of the first plants in Alabama IIRC.

1 Like

Mind sharing details for your purchase? Thinking about getting a tesla, not sure what numbers i’m looking at

I got a great deal on a high mileage Tesla with two year CPO warranty. Paid $35k including taxes. To get a similar deal sign up at EV hunter. https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ . Site will send you an email when car matches your search. I bought car within two minutes of receiving email. The great deals don’t last long.
July and August will see good deals again as Tesla pumps U.S. deliveries towards end of quarter so three year lease returns show up after EOQ.

2 Likes

Funny you should ask!

I saw that before…that was the reference to 1982…I was a couple years off :slight_smile:

Well honestly the modern Caddy would probably be a lot nicer and better quality than whatever 80s Era shitbox they covered in gold leaf for him back then.

1 Like

I’m going to be so pissed if this happens before I am seriously in the market in a few months. I’m considering buying a new S3 now since I won’t have to worry about switching later if I lease. But I’m still looking for good Giulia deals.

I don’t know what American car I would even want to get

Waiting for BigBeard to join your discussion

popcorn

p.s. while I share your sentiment, try to stay on cars

5 Likes

I feel bad for @BMW_Dave, @Samson et al who will now be relegated to selling Kias :pensive:

1 Like

It won’t happen. I recently read a good observation of his policy - hit hard first, then pull back and get a minimal concession, then declare huge victory for the country.

4 Likes

well he just put more tariffs on EU and Canada, market down. thanks dump

I guess I should’ve added the sarcasm tag

Summon him from the Tesla thread!
I want to be entertained.

“Citing several unnamed U.S. and European diplomats, the weekly business magazine reported that Trump told French President Emmanuel Macron last month he would maintain his trade policy with the aim of stopping Mercedes-Benz models from driving down Fifth Avenue in New York.”

Based on that from the article, it’s a long stretch thinking we aren’t going to see any more German cars on the road, especially with the huge market share they have in the US.

I agree keep politics off of the site except for the off-ramp which is a small area easily avoided if someone doesn’t want to read about stuff unrelated to leasing/cars.

As for banning german cars, BMW makes most of their X5s and X3s in South Carolina, even some for export. With The X series now being BMWs bread and butter in the states, stopping actual imports wont have much of an effect and I don’t think Lindsey Graham is going to support shutting the SC factory down.

On a different note, I am amazed at the political viewpoints of the forum. Most car websites have readership that is much more male and whiter than USA as a whole. Demographics say men and whites are are, on average, much more likely to be Pro-trump. Personally,

I am originally from a third-world country and it feels like home these days thanks to this idiot in chief…

11 Likes

A lot of us regular posters are also from more liberal states like New Jersey, California, and New York. That helps explain some of the huge difference. Based on the what do you do topic, many of us are in occupations that require a college education and as we know college educated voters are more likely to be Democrats nowadays

3 Likes

Not sure how you got the second part?

1 Like

Introducing your new friendly neighborhood stinger plug :joy:

1 Like

Careful with CPO Teslas. Once you’re out of warranty, you are at the whim of Tesla dealers for parts and repairs. If you thought German cars were expensive to repair…