How to profit from Tesla 3 Delivery I don’t need

You can keep delaying delivery…though apparently Tesla can cancel if you do? Don’t know details of that, and don’t really care if I don’t get the car anymore. Every time I drive one, I like it less!

It will be interesting to see what happens with this federal rebate…the last thing Tesla needs is a subsidy to sell cars…

“the last thing Tesla needs is a subsidy to sell cars…”

ah the logic of the current government and presidential administration in charge!

coming up sometime next year will be the base M3 SR+ priced starting at 47,900 and subtracting the 8k federal rebate price will be a great deal at 39,900 which was the price just last month!

Tesla’s primary customer is uncle sam, now about to pocket all the federal “incentives” and of course all the carbon credits that built up their company.

Sense? As if anything in this 3.5 trillion abhomination makes sense?

Citation needed.

Most of it got whittled away to nothing at this point. The infra bill is the one that we should be looking at, anyway. It doesn’t matter which side of the aisle you’re on to see that our roads, bridges, tunnels, rail, trucking, ev infra, levees, dams, etc, are all broken down and decrepit. They require the investment.

To the OP - grab the car for cash, get your title and flip it.

1 Like

Tesla cars trade in values are low and this is specially true on a bare bones M3. I did a quick trade in quotes among the usual suspects on a potential purchase of a private 2020 model 3 and Tesla came in at $26500 and carvana just at $30500. Seller was asking $38k.

Honestly, it is 3rd world quality in some places. One thing I am not sure, though, is that throwing money is going to make things better, without actually making people responsible.

Just look at newark bay bridge - it seems to receive sufficient funding to have workers there doing something for at least 13 years, however, I am yet to see it fully open with no lanes closed due to construction and huge jams because of it.

Well, yes, but they usually at least pretend to have some sort of justification.

So looks like the credit will not be retroactive in the latest iteration of the bill. Hence if I take delivery in November, I don’t get the tax credit and used car prices start to price it in. I will look into postponing delivery to see if I can get it into 2022 and also to make sure this bill is signed.

Otherwise I may just cancel.

1 Like

I have 2 SR+ order placed in Aug and Sep. Both order at $40k + $2k option with no Tax
I got the VIN for the first order and put another order on hold.

I want to take delivery now and sell the car when my second car get delivery next year (if the EV credit happened). Would you guy gamble the price for used SR+ will not drop more than $4k after the EV ccredit get passed?

Not if you know people.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.