How to negotiate BMW prices? interested in an X3

I agree that’s why I think settling for 15 would still be a great deal in this environment. Much lower and personally I’m going after a new one.

15-17% pre on a 3 series is a good deal now.

F2020 -AvenueBeats

So I am actually confused on how people are getting these insane BMW deals with 15-20 percent off MSRP. I have contacted 2 dealers so far and a broker, and the best deal I got was a $564 with 3000 DAS for an X3.

Heck even one dealer straight up told me they dont have to discount their cars even %6, and to look at other dealers cause they know someone will eventually pay close to MSRP.

Maybe I am pretty bad at negotiating but so far I have been getting brutal rejection from both BMW and Mazda.

Those 15-20% are probably loaners or demos. And depends on a competitive market like SoCal.

Why not use a broker? They are usually 10-11% off the bat. No haggles

1 Like

I did, but I guess living in Michigan, it’s hard to find local brokers, but hey if you know any good brokers mention them, I will pm.

Mazdas generally don’t lease well.

The heavily discounted BMWs aren’t just loaner but are loaners that, for whatever reason, the dealer is eager to get rid of. The market has been much different since the pandemic hit.

You could ask one of the highly rated brokers here if they are willing to ship.

I just started doing that. Hopefully with some good luck I can get a good deal on one.

Asked @kubikdanon. He has 10.5% pre-incentive for a new X3. I share the pain of living in the Midwest.

That’s why you can’t. MI dealers don’t play ball like some others do in other regions. You are going to have to go out of state to get 15-20% off.

A lot of people don’t realize that in order to land an awesome deal or “unicorn” on BMW, you need to find a loaner and a dealer willing to discount it hard enough. Not only that, but most deals you see people here getting are with loyalty (current BMW owners/leasees) and people stacking various rebates like OL, recent grad, PenFed etc.

Doing the legwork of first finding a dealer who will give you a steep discount (without marking up the MF) then applying all those additional rebates will land you a nice payment on a Beemer…

Good luck

Also from michigan and also tried talking to about 4 BMW dealers in this state. Not only do they leave a bad taste in your mouth, but there was $0 off of MSRP on all but 1 dealer who only could do a max of 0.8% . Mind you I was shopping for an X7 but the broader point still applies.

You won’t get anywhere with midwest BMW dealers in general. Get a broker unless you want a headache

2 Likes

I live in Ohio. Same thing. Moving south and have reached out to many dealers. Harder to find an X-drive which I still prefer. The deals are simply not there, courtesy vehicle or no courtesy vehicle, and I have loyalty. May as well extend my lease and try and wait this thing out.

1 Like

Flights are really inexpensive.

Many major airport web sites list non-stop destinations for all carriers that provide service.

Obviously not all of the destinations will be practical (Punta Cana BMW dealers are notoriously stingy), but this opens up large, competitive markets that are just an hour or so away.

Plus there’s no better way to get acquainted with your new car than the road trip home.

2 Likes

This is not even remotely true. See @AutoNinjas.

2 Likes

@AS_Leader the market has really dried up and many of the volume bonuses are not on the table for August. Limited supply means that it will be significantly harder to find a dealer to play ball. Michigan is a smaller market too.

1 Like

@AS_Leader - To answer your question, location, inventory, incentives and timing has everything to do with how some folks have been able to negotiate some crazy BMW deals in the past.

When I first started shopping around in June, the dealers around Orlando wouldn’t go more than 5% on new and 7% on a loaner. Unfortunately the 4 closest dealers are owned by the same group so I figured it was futile. I cast the net down to South Florida because inventory levels were better down there and finally found a dealer that was willing to play ball (after originally telling me I was off my rocker). I ended up at 15.6% off pre-incentive on a loaner with 1200 miles but it was definitely a grind.

You missed one of the greatest and oldest brokers on this site. @Benedetto and he is Michigan based as well.

1 Like

4 Likes

Love it! About to PM