Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

If you have a reservation for a Model 3 SR+ already, but don’t want to wait, you can scoop up an LFP Battery version of the Model if you see one available. It will cancel your order and allow you to apply the reservation fee to the LFP Model 3. My lease is up in November and my Model 3 is estimated for January. I plan on to start trying to get an LFP version in mid Oct. I hope they are still trickling in at that point. LFP likes to be charged to 100%, which is a plus. Has ten miles less range that lithium cobalt battery, but I read a software update recently gave it the same range.

Tesla doesn’t allow you to buy out the lease, it must be returned. You’d have to buy it, then attempt to flip it.

Tesla doesn’t allow lease buy out from the owner on M3 and MY. But you can still sell to 3rd party dealership:

2 Likes

Yup to all of that! LFP is pretty nice with 100% charging and you should get 262 mile range (after a software update) vs 263 on the NCA.

Why not try to sell your lease to Carvana, Carmax or that VIN place and get a LFP right away? Market is still pretty hot.

2 Likes

BMW 530e… still upside down…even after I put down 4k in anticipation of 5k in post sale rebates. I keep checking though.

1 Like

The Charge Up New Jersey Program has been successful for the second year in a row, with allocated funding expected to dwindle by the end of the week. The deadline to order, purchase, or lease an eligible electric vehicle is 9:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 15, 2021.

Dealerships will have until October 15, 2021 to submit incentive applications for eligible vehicles. The cut-off date ensures that all eligible customers who are due an incentive have the opportunity to have their incentive reserved and then applied at the point-of-sale once the vehicle is delivered.

1 Like

How do we know if the assigned Model 3 will come with the LFP battery?

If you have ordered prior to August 26th, it should come with an NCA battery, unless otherwise noted by Tesla prior to delivery dates being scheduled.

If you ordered after August 26th, it’s a 99% chance that it is an LFP battery. When you place an order, the website will list the EPA estimated battery range. If it says 252 miles, it is a LFP battery vehicle.

From all that we have seen since the August 26th announcement, every single SR+ that was dropped had 252 miles noted indicating that they were LFP batteries. We saw a few 262/263 mile vehicles but they were demo’s.

1 Like

Wow, that deadline came out of nowhere! Thanks for letting us know.

Kind of vice versa to the post’s subject - what is the best way/place to flip Model Y order that’s due to arrive soon?

My guess is lease it to avoid paying sales tax on the full MSRP?

There’s to sales tax for EVs in NJ :slight_smile: I just want to sell it at profit.

There is potential here to double dip on the Federal EV tax rebate assuming it actually comes into effect ever.
If you order a tesla today and have Tesla fill out the form before 10/15 (Somebody got confirmation from NJBPA that no VIN is required) you may be able to get both the NJ rebate and the Federal credit.
Worth a $250 gamble IMO.

2 Likes

Challenge accepted!
Should I order both M3 and MY?
M3 will be dirt cheap if all rebates apply
Not to mention price hike might be coming from Tesla soon

1 Like

Good luck getting a hold of an SA or someone at Tesla. That is probably the most painful part of the process.

I’ve bought 6 of them

I gotta guy

3 Likes

I actually had this lined up before someone at Tesla dropped the ball on me.
I grabbed a sr+ from inventory had a scheduled a pickup from from my local Tesla outlet for Friday the 10th.
I decided I wanted to change the build so I grabbed a different one from inventory and was trying to determine when it would be delivered before canceling my first order.
When I couldn’t get a delivery date on the second one I figured I’ll take the first one, keep it for a bit and flip it. I already got a quote and had a tidy profit set up.
Next thing I know my order is canceled. Apparently someone at Tesla misunderstood my intention got a little trigger happy and canceled my first order without confirming with me.

Stuck without a car now for the next 3 weeks until the new one gets delivered.:flushed:

2 Likes

That’s the genius here as soon as the Federal credit gets passed the price will increase. You’ll be locked in at today’s only somewhat inflated price.

2 Likes

Definitely the 3.
Do it for the hack.
It’s all we have left these days. I can barely look myself in the mirror with how little hacking I’ve done.
Memories of my bmw 330 for $220 a month taunt me in my dream.
Hang in there comrades.

Stay Strong Promise Me GIF by PENNYWORTH

Leasehackr strong.

5 Likes

Good Stuff, thank you all for sharing

1 Like