Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Including mortgage and cars - yes

1 Like

True, I get them mixed up sometimes, hah.

I am assmuming you have more than 1.2M on the asset side of your ledger through your mortgage and investments.

The US Government doesn’t. They are 30T in debt and exponentially increasing by the year. Despite historic low bond rates

1 Like

the full faith and credit of the US government > $30tn.

Aight let’s stay on topic

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Follow up on my “How to get a Tesla Model 3 SLOW” question. I talked with the Tesla account guy today and he said I could just freeze my order (I don’t have a VIN yet) and unfreeze it to get back in the queue. He said my sales price would not be affected. Wonder if I can just freeze it until 2025 when the Model 3 ends up costing 80K :joy:. But I’ll probably just unfreeze once there is a resolution on the EV incentive one way or another…

1 Like

You can specify a date! I put mine till a specific date

Nice that Tesla allows that, but I wonder how long they would continue allowing customers delaying deliveries as we are approaching end of Q4 with new EV tax credit in play. Can’t imagine Tesla’s CFO or head of investor relation would be happy to see large number of deliveries pushed from Q4 to Q1 next year.

Yea I was thinking this too. I’m not necessarily delaying delivery though, just delaying the time until I’m a part of the queue. I don’t have a VIN assigned so it’s not like they have a car available for me yet. They already have enough orders to fill out the rest of the year it seems so I’m not sure they are losing much in terms of sales. This may change if the EV credit returns though… no one would want to purchase in December.

Very good to know – thank you for posting! Just ordered a Model 3 last night, but delivery is 12/15 to 12/31, we’re in TX at least until the new year (plus both the proposed Federal and Virginia EV tax credit will be in effect in the new year, assuming they both pass)

Plenty of people don’t know about the rebate or don’t care.

Tesla won’t have a problem selling cars in December, especially with all the shenanigans the other dealers are doing.

2 Likes

My email to a Tesla advisor on my LR3 order came back as

“Tesla’s policy offers that pricing for a max of 90-days. If Tesla has to delay your delivery they will honor that pricing, but the customer can only delay delivery for a maximum of 90-days”

I accepted but would probably need more if any federal rebate kicks in. YMMV !

The language in the BBB act has it effective Jan 1, so a 90 day extension would be fine, unless they kick the can on voting into next year.

That’s what I figured. Thanks.

I noticed in the M3 and MY channels, 2022’s became available, but now new notifications are back to 2021?

Was this a glitch or accurate?

looks like prices went up
model y long range now 59 up 1k
model y performance 64 up 2k

1 Like

Model S/X delivery time slipped to March 2023

No glitch- it’s just Tesla releasing inventory as they are becoming available (customers declining deliveries, deals falling through, shipment delays, etc) across the country.

Model Year cut off for production was between November 1st - 3rd. Any vehicle built prior to that will have 2021 and anything since then will have 2022. You can also identify this by looking at the factory gate date in the Discord notification.

We have yet to see the 2022 M3 RWD drop though.

2 Likes