Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I own a Model 3 SR+. whiff

There will be plenty of cars available again in a few weeks if their usual pattern holds, then there will be a whole lot of nothing by early december, and miraculously a ton of cars will appear right at the quarter end. I’m not exactly clear on where the cars are coming from, if they are even new, but there is very little in how the cars are delivered that makes sense.

The world is full of people who do one thing and say something different - even in opposition to their current position - as Senators Sinema and Manchin show.

Congrats on your Model 3 but your criticism of their delivery strategy is still misguided…

Is there an NDA in the purchase contract that doesn’t allow you to be critical of Tesla’s actions?

That would explain a lot of things…

8 Likes

I think many Tesla owners believe this.

1 Like

This forum can be overly critical of Tesla - in some cases, rightfully so. The entire industry is facing supply chain shortages and Tesla is no stranger to it. Some might even say that they have handled it better than others (e.g. changing chips & re-writing firmware for it to support it). The supply chain is punishing vehicle buyers all across the market - manufacturers have increased MSRP (e.g. Jeep, Tesla), dealerships have added market adjustment fees, discounts aren’t being offered as much anymore and so on.

My only guess as to why base Model SR+ takes longer vs with other add-on options is probably because that’s their most sold configuration and they do not have an infinite supply of it?

Regardless, this thread was created for people that wanted a Tesla/vehicle sooner than they could get through traditional means. Creating noise here talking about custom orders, how bad Tesla practices are, how one can flip it & so on just detracts from the conversation, but it’s expected in an open forum. However, there is another thread here that was recommended for those types of conversation → Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

If anyone wants to continue some meaningful conversations on how we could improve your odds at getting a Tesla, feel free to chat with us on the Discord. :vulcan_salute:

Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF

4 Likes

I disagree with your assessment here. If one is interested in minimizing their expenditures, being aware that their options through traditional channels are even worse than normal is relevant.

One could easily look at the normal timeline for ordering and think “no big deal”, without being aware that it’s only on very specific configurations. Likewise, being aware of how Tesla handles orders in regards to price increases can lead one to a false sense of security. Both of those are situations where the ancillary conversation to ordering timelines potentially makes the topic here more relevant, not less.

2 Likes

@ilike2breakthngs can you build something that makes CA DMV move faster as well please?

In all seriousness nice work on this setup. Hopefully I can put it to use next year.

1 Like

because that’s their most sold configuration and they do not have an infinite supply of it?

This and the SR+ trim probably has the thinnest profit margin, so they increased the price to push people buying more expensive trims, and if people keep buying SR+, more profit for them anyway.

The SR+ (without the fake FSD) offers 80% of the best value of Tesla today.

2 Likes

103 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

i’ve been in a 3 performance for a week. i despise the car, but it’s so much fun. i can absolutely see the appeal of teslas.

6 Likes

Quite a few people that purchase a Tesla get sucked into the Cult of Elon and start drinking the Elon jungle juice religiously and become Tesla stans. I am not one of those people. I was a Tesla critic for years (primarily just an Elon critic…never had a huge problem with the cars themselves) but the super fanbois can sure be obnoxious. While I own a Model 3, I am far from a Tesla fanboy. I can appreciate the car without pledging allegiance to Lord Musk.

2 Likes

@trusted_hackrs Can we please clean this thread up :pray:. It’s too useful to be overrun.

6 Likes

I don’t get the Tesla hate (and I bought a Bolt EUV just two months ago).

I also have a SR3+ on order…not thrilled to get it, mostly because it’s twice the cost of my Bolt.

Tesla 3 is a blast to drive, feels like driving something out of a sci fi movie and is fairly reasonably priced.

I’ve yet to meet an owner who doesn’t adore their Tesla…not sure why that is a bad thing!

People talk about quality control issues…but either all my friends are liars or lucky, because I haven’t heard anything from them.

I had a client buy some TSLA stock in 2010 (or 2011…I could check)…was the son of a client, and only bought 100 shares for around $2000. Now worth over $400000.

Maybe people are just bitter about having missed the boat!

1 Like

I bought my Model 3 without having ever being inside a Tesla before. First time was when I went to pick it up and was rushed off the lot in under 10 minutes.

That said, after 2 weeks, I will probably never drive an ICE car again. The effortless power, the quietness of the cabin and the adventure of finding chargers has really made for a different overall driving experience.

I don’t think it’s a Tesla thing. I’m gonna get either the Lyriq or Hummer next… But when you can sell it after a year or two for as much as you paid for it, how can you go wrong?

8 Likes

Thanks to this post i got my 1st tesla sr+ (technically second one in the family cause my brother used to have a dual motor model y and i drove that quite a lot) and i must say its super fun to drive but way too quite! Im used to the pops and bangs from my supra…. But for long drive i will always chose tesla over anything else… specially the suspension being so smooth! My other x4m suspension was horrible…. So overall i love it!

9 Likes

These cars are so… bland and vanilla.

Torque delivery is their only redeeming quality.

5 Likes

Same, never even been on a Tesla forum. I am also not buying one because I want to save the planet. Don’t think they are saving anything really.

$56k for a car the goes 0-60 under 4sec, 1/4 mile low 11’s, and has 4 doors. These days you will be paying a lot more money to get those specs.

looking forward to more players enter the game like F, GM, Volkswagen so Tesla will reduce the price on their cheaper models 3, Y and possibly Model 2 that they want to break into 25k league! right now they are profitable even if they cut 10k from the current prices. they sure will cut the price of Model S as soon as Lucid is released. 2 yr lease a bolt or ioniq one more time and buy a 35k Tesla in 2022!!

Hearing that the market on Plaids took a massive dump today after a few strong weeks. Hopefully anyone wanting to sell didn’t get stuck with it. Fully expect any buyers who are waiting on title to pick up a car to re-trade.

4 Likes