Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

LFP batteries were released for SR+ in the US this September giving it 262 miles vs 263 miles that it was previously rated for with the NCA battery pack.

Different lithium chemistry but LFP allows and encourages you to regularly charge up to 100% vs NCA which they recommend to charge up to 90% on regular usage and 100% for infrequent long trips.

In other words, you get 262 miles regularly in LFP vs 236 miles in the NCA packs.

I got the NCA pack but if given the choice, I’d choose LFP over NCA any day.

1 Like

So you are saying Tesla threw in an extra 30 mile of range? Like buying a 4 cylinder engine and being given a v6 for free?

Our SR+ came with the LFP Battery.

1 Like

Sounds like they threw in an extra -1 mile of range.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Old chemistry still gives you 263 miles but they recommend that you do not charge it to 100% every day giving you 236 miles (if you follow the recommendations). Regardless, both batteries are equivalent and they have their pro’s & cons. We can continue the conversation in the other Tesla thread here or in Discord if people want – there’s a separate battery channel there.

“Chaina” battery isn’t that bad after all …

Elon Musk Lol GIF by FullMag

1 Like

Does the LFP offer regen braking at 100% battery? It’s also 300 lbs heavier.

1 Like

The LFP cars are ~190-200 lbs heavier than NCA cars, AFAIK.

1 Like

How can you check which battery you have? curious to see which one i have

Range on window sticker for 3SR+:

263 mile: NCA
262: LFP

3 Likes

Recommended safe max daily charge range by Tesla
262 LFP
236 NCA

1 Like

What’s the brand of those rims?

Stock Aero Wheels without the hubcaps. Added a lug nut cap from Amazon with the Tesla logo.

3 Likes

Oh that’s nice. I think they actually look better than the sport wheels.

1 Like

https://teslatap.com/vin-decoder/

7th Character of VIN identifies battery.

1 Like

Could also be 253 before firmware update

What are the specs on that car?

2021 M3 SR+, White with Black Interior, Aero 18” Wheels

Visually, replaced the rear Tesla logo with lettering, added an OEM style spoiler but in gloss black and have some 30% tints around.

2 Likes

Reportedly performance in subfreezing temperatures is noticeably worse in LFP cars.

1 Like