Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

M3LR is back… with Chinese batteries.

Tesla Model Y LR Lease → $1395 DAS $700/mo
Tesla Model 3 LR Lease → $1355 DAS $660/mo
(no tax state)

3 Likes

Are the LFP the batteries that need to be charged to 100% instead of 80?

Not directly but they base the early term fees on the market value of the vehicle compared to the current residual.

Last year, it was $0… then after the price drops… it jumped up to that $2000 number. I don’t know where they get their market value… but the fluctuation does sort of mirror the ups/downs of used Tesla pricing because of the price fluctuations of new models.

LFP don’t need to be charged to 100%, rather they may be charged to 100% for daily use.

1 Like

Range on the new M3LR dropped by 10%.

Down to 325 miles from 358.

“Rated Miles” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Can we tell if any of that $3750 is being passed on yet ?

Yea so at an average conversion of .8 it’s down from about 290 to 260.

1 Like

So for long tern, Prius Prime XSC Premium or Model Y Long Range? Prime doesn’t get the $7500 so price delta not that much. I know Toyota long term reliability and resale is pretty good, Tesla?

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Toyota is not serious about electrification. Tesla in that case.

Toyota all the way.

Only question is whether to get an XSE or SE for the best value retention.

Do you have solar at home? If not maybe even get the regular Prius.

I would argue that Tesla has a better warranty then Toyota and if opting for the extended service agreement the vehicle is essentially worry free for 7 years.

1 Like

Agree unless you drive the hell out of the car.

Things seem to break in these cars moreso age related than they do mileage.

XSE with PP. The unicorn.

SEs are everywhere and now available with discounts. These are really $33K car with an expensive drivetrain.

For now it will retain value but if Mazda can crank out CX-90 PHEVs that only cost $4-8K more…I’m not sure many will want a RAV4 Prime in 5 years.

Also, I don’t think MY has ventilated seats? No blind spot monitor lights in the mirrors. And a big one for me, no CarPlay.

No ventilated seats. All Tesla’s have fender cameras that warn of objects in blind spot. Carplay/Android Auto is a huge step backwards. I’ve owned many cars with it. Don’t miss it a bit in our Teslas.

2 Likes

I don’t see how the CX90 is relevant to a Prius Prime.

Doh. I thought you were talking about the R4P. My bad.

Carplay/AA is very useful in many cars because most car infotainment is absolute garbage. I also don’t miss it when I ride in Teslas, I think their UI is better but I only use phone for nav/Spotify anyway so maybe other people have use cases that make it more important to have I suppose.

2 Likes